Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
What are you using to print it with?

That seems like an awfully lot of plastic, maybe try using less fill or reducing the thickness of the walls on the part inside the receiver since it's not structural? Neat idea tho, you could even thin out the logo surface, paint the rest and put a brake light bulb behind it.

Also if you really want to save plastic (and time printing), you really only need a small length of walls going into the receiver - then two thinner extensions that reach back further and have the holes for securing it with the pin. No reason to extend it back any further than the holes.

·
Registered
340 Posts
...or buy one of the hundreds of hitch plugs out there in the appropriate shape AND PAINT IT. :idea1:

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that print was 100g. i printed it face up and Afinia makes a raft and supports. The one i'm doing now is only 50g and is on Glass with ABS/Acetone mix. so far no warping.

I'm doing this for school and my fun. I'm in a CNC course and i designed the program in SolidWorks and then printed it on the printer.

Printer: Afinia H-Series
ABS
Used the mesh board it came with on first print. I'm still playing. I have made some cool things in the last few days though.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
We have a large Objet here at work. It prints at a very high resolution in a few different materials. Sometimes we print clear to get a better idea of internal component clearances, instead of heavily relying on CAD x-secs.

We also have two very large Fortis 3D printers for less critical parts.

They're all pretty cool. I've had some neat prototype parts printed.

When you say programmed in SW, do you mean modeled? Aren't you just printing from the .STL file?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 12 of 12 Posts