Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So about these. 325 85 16. How can I make these fit? I know that Oz has/had them but he was spring over and had a drop bracket in the front. Im hoping to make these fit without that. I have a sizable lift in the rear with alcans 3" over stock and PRG shackles set to the lowest point.

I realize that I will be doing a lot of trimming on the rear plastic panels but there isnt much room to trim on the door side... moving the axle back half and inch to an inch is also possible.

And the front is going to require trimming but ive been meaning to do that anyway just never had a good enough reason to do so. Ive tucked the rear tire many more times than I have the front so a measly 2" on the top and 3-4" on the back of the fender should be enough.

Im looking for suggestions and feedback about if the "little" trimming i have planned will be enough or if they are just too big.

They are cheap though 50$ a pop but shipping is going to be closer to 200.

·
on line
10,980 Posts
:happy1:

... have you looked up how expensive those are? Or their availability? Good luck with that ... unless something has changed recently, neither is very promising.

·
on line
465 Posts
If I recall correctly, Oz had these tires briefly, but I am pretty sure he broke his M226 the first time he went off-road with them.
And the tires are heavy. A few guys on Pirate have posted up a combined weight of around 153 to 157 pounds each, when mounted on a 16x7 steel wheel. Just FYI

·
Registered
60 Posts
If I recall correctly, Oz had these tires briefly, but I am pretty sure he broke his M226 the first time he went off-road with them.

And the tires are heavy. A few guys on Pirate have posted up a combined weight of around 153 to 157 pounds each, when mounted on a 16x7 steel wheel. Just FYI

Was his m226 running the stock carrier?
What broke? Axles twist the splines? Or spider gears?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:happy1:

... have you looked up how expensive those are? Or their availability? Good luck with that ... unless something has changed recently, neither is very promising.
They seems to come in waves. Right now they are 50$ a pop for 50+% tread.

This is the kind of info I was looking for... Definitely seems to be a deal breaker...

·
on line
10,980 Posts
They seems to come in waves. Right now they are 50$ a pop for 50+% tread.
Kind-of my point, really ... seems like availability could be a serious issue. $50 per, for 50% tread is definitely appealing, though ... so there's that.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok a couple emails laters and If I buy 4 at 50 i get one for free and freight is 190. so thats 590 shipped for 5 tires. Its cheap enough to have some fun running on the highway with them but offroad i need some more assurance/insurance...

Anyone have any more info on what happend to oz's m226?

·
on line
465 Posts
Was his m226 running the stock carrier?
What broke? Axles twist the splines? Or spider gears?

Anyone have any more info on what happend to oz's m226?

I seem to recall that his spiders gears went crunch on the Pontiac Sluice trail, but I am not sure if he ever posted up exactly what broke, as he started parting out his X soon after.
Below is the link to his for sale thread where he listed the M226 as simply "broken".

Perhaps someone from SoCal could add some more info on this?

http://www.thenewx.org/forum/showthread.php?t=58344&highlight=M226

·
on line
1,922 Posts
I was on the trail with him when it broke. Can't recall exactly but I recall his 4.56s busted too.

Our vehicles simply are not made to support that size of a tire.

And "little" trimming.....yeah it's gonna be a lot of trimming. Stick to 35s.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Haha when I said a little trimming I really meant a lot. It would be cool to ride around on 38s around town but I suppose sticking with 35s is the smart thing to do.

A question for the people that know more than I do. Could an arb in the m226 and m205 make this feasible?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
this thread has me interested. carry on.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts