Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
on line
268 Posts
snake oil. It's probably like all the others and is just a 10-cent resistor you can buy from Radio Shack and wire into your IAT. The idea is that by changing the
resistance to that of a cooler interpreted reading, you will get more fuel. While it is true that you will dump more fuel...its false that this is a good idea. Running
rich is bad for performance, so you are just wasting your time with adding more fuel in this fashion.

The stock computer already compensates fuel as it is, so trying to trick it into giving you more fuel is completely worthless. If you dump too much fuel, via
switching to a colder resistance on the IAT while driving, you may even notice a puff of black smoke out the exhaust. Then, the O2 sensor will detect the overly
rich mixture, and reduce the injector pulse width. This totally defeats the purpose or the IAT mod. Besides I think I recall reading somewhere that the X already
runs on the rich side.

Ask him for a dyno sheet proving the numbers he's claiming. Bet you won't get one.

·
on line
294 Posts
yes, it is a joke. except the people who pay for it aren't laughing.

·
on line
807 Posts
Grouch said:
snake oil. It's probably like all the others and is just a 10-cent resistor you can buy from Radio Shack and wire into your IAT. The idea is that by changing the
resistance to that of a cooler interpreted reading, you will get more fuel. While it is true that you will dump more fuel...its false that this is a good idea. Running
rich is bad for performance, so you are just wasting your time with adding more fuel in this fashion.

The stock computer already compensates fuel as it is, so trying to trick it into giving you more fuel is completely worthless. If you dump too much fuel, via
switching to a colder resistance on the IAT while driving, you may even notice a puff of black smoke out the exhaust. Then, the O2 sensor will detect the overly
rich mixture, and reduce the injector pulse width. This totally defeats the purpose or the IAT mod. Besides I think I recall reading somewhere that the X already
runs on the rich side.

Ask him for a dyno sheet proving the numbers he's claiming. Bet you won't get one.
X2. This is exactly what it is.

·
on line
145 Posts
stevet47 said:
Grouch said:

runs on the rich side.

X2. This is exactly what it is.
X3. Spend your money on something else.

·
on line
628 Posts
Proven test results have indicated that by adding more gas to the engine's fuel/oxygen mixture, an increase of up to 35+ HP can result without giving up MPG's.
This statement from that ad spells "BS", if you feed more gas but go the same distance then there is no possible way you are not giving up fuel efficiency.

·
on line
178 Posts
It adds so much extra HP, that you X will blow the motor on the first start. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts