Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
on line
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i've read all the threads about wheels and tires and sizes and... so on and so forth. i can's find anypone that has actually installed 33x12.50s... my question is this: will they fit with the prg radflo tc uca lift and little or no trimming of the sheetmetal? oh and i'm probably gonna need to run a spacer since very few manufactureres (as i'm sure you know) are making a wheel that will fit. thanks in advance from a frustrated x owner.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
with stock wheels you can do it without trimming (if you could put those wheels on stock rims).... with spacers and new wheels you will need to do some minor trimming unless you get a wheel with enough inset to cancel out the inch or so that the spacer will make the wheel stick out....

Good luck and as always.... Post pictures when done.

·
on line
1,695 Posts
If you mean 285/75-16, sure... plenty of guys have done it, with and without a small lift. General consensus is they fit with only the heat gun trick on the inner fender plastic.

Now, if you are genuinely refering to a true "33x12.50," that generally refers to a 33x12.50x15, in which case the wheels won't fit. A 285/75-16 is about 33" tall, but width is around 11-11.5 inches.

·
on line
3,484 Posts
It's a big Hit in MPG like 20% basically equally equipped I can get 100 miles more out of a tank Hwy. with stock tires. Someone I know went same tire size as stock BFG AT and has same MPG as with stock. So, I can't wait to go back to a stock size. MC

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Going from 265/75R16 BFG Rugged Trails to 285/75R16 BFG MT's I lost exactly 1mpg. This was calculated out over a fairly long period of time.

·
on line
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What kinds mpg are you getting Muzik? I've only been getting about 14.5 over the last 18k with my 265s

1 - 7 of 7 Posts