Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for current tire options that work. All I've found seem to be outdated threads. Has anyone recently put 33's on stock susp? I intend to follow up with a 2" BL, so any input is good input please.

·
Registered
947 Posts
285/75 BFG K02's fit with stock wheels as well.
Those might be my next tires. Currently on 265/75/16 KO2's (plenty of life left). Sitting at 1.5" of lift in the front and 1" in the back, nice and leveled out. I'm thinking the 285's should look and perform great with my set up. :)

·
Registered
595 Posts
Those might be my text tires. Currently on 265/75/16 KO2's (plenty of life left). Sitting at 1.5" of lift in the front and 1" in the back, nice and leveled out. I'm thinking the 285's should look and perform great with my set up. :)
Your plan is my plan.

I’m chomping at the bit. A few more months!!!!

·
TNX Senior Member
443 Posts
Those might be my text tires. Currently on 265/75/16 KO2's (plenty of life left). Sitting at 1.5" of lift in the front and 1" in the back, nice and leveled out. I'm thinking the 285's should look and perform great with my set up. :)
You'll definitely need the melt mod, but it will look great like you said. Performance wise for an AT tire they do really well. Even in snow they're a good tire imo.

·
Registered
33 Posts
i lifted my Xterra, 2.5" in front and 2" in back with Bilstein (5100) shocks all around and adjustable shackles. i just got the KO2s 285/75/16 on about 3 weeks ago. i am experiencing rubbing on the inside frame and some rubbing on the inner fenders, when i do tight turns. i'm planning on doing the melt mod to clear the inside fenders but i was wondering about the rubbing of the frame. i like the look of the fatter tires on the stock rims (besides i don't want to go to any extra expenses with new rims) so i'm considering spacers all around. i've looked at supreme suspensions - 4 pcs for $130.00 (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074BVCWSJ/?coliid=I2EIZ1USTU5GXS&colid=33IQ0XH6VXPVU&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it) and spidertrax - 4 pcs for $220.00 (Spidertrax Nissan 6 on 4-1/2" x 1-1/2" Thick Wheel Spacer Kit)
any thoughts, suggestions and feedback would be greatly appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
947 Posts
You'll definitely need the melt mod, but it will look great like you said. Performance wise for an AT tire they do really well. Even in snow they're a good tire imo.
Thanks for the heads up. I performed that when I added 1.5" wheel spacers a few months ago. (I removed them last month though)

·
TNX Senior Member
443 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I performed that when I added 1.5" wheel spacers a few months ago. (I removed them last month though)
You will be all good then.

FWIW, if you wanted to add the spacers again, use the @AlbatrossCafe mod in the link below. Works like a charm and it's pretty simple. 1.5" spacers on stock wheels would be a -8mm offset which is essentially what I'm running and have no issues.

https://www.thenewx.org/forum/15-how-tos/266090-how-easy-fender-trim-33s-wheel-spacers.html

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry to bring this post back from the dead but im looking to upgrade my tires with my stock suspension. I'm going to 285 75 16 and I'm probably gonna go with the nitto ridge grapplers. I saw a comment above that mentioned the terra grappler will fit but I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with the ridge grapplers.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts