Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to Forum so may have been asked before, but how much lift would be needed to clear this size tire/wheel combo on a 2WD? Can I get by with a level kit/spacer? Thanks in advance.

HD

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
You won't get close with just a leveling kit and spacer! Biggest size that's been proven to fit without modifying the vehicle beyond a mild lift and reshaping the fender liners is 33" and even then there has been an occasional need to trim fenders.. To fit these 35s you'll need a body lift and do some body work.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
You'll need wheels with different backspacing to allow the wider tires to not rub the frame. You will also need a body lift and suspension lift or titan swap and probably some trimming as well. I would say a 5" total lift with a little trimming. 35's are 35's, they don't come cheap on an X. 2wd might be different, but you still have to clear the frame and the fenders.

·
on line
1,381 Posts
The Combination of body lift and suspension lift is what you need. But 33's dont look bad at all on these rigs. welcome to the forum bro :wave:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the info guys. I think 33's will be more than enough for my use. I was looking around last night and saw another 2wd X that is exactly what I'm after with mine. Prerunner style. Will mostly stay on road, for now;).

As far as the Titan swap, do most guys go with the PRG setup or OE Titan parts?

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
sawzall. they'll fit NO PROBLEM.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts