Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
on line
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which is the best way to fit the following tire without any modification to the inner wheel well. 32" x 11.50" x 16

·
on line
15,651 Posts
You can fit a 32" tire without a problem. I am not sure what size a 32x11.5 is, but the Off Road model comes with 265/75R16 which is a 32x10.5x16.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
What swampers are you looking at.

You are buying these for performace and not just looks right?

Although Swampers look really cool...you won't get much more than 20K before they are bald.

·
on line
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looking at either the superswaper SX or TSL. These would be for looks and a little offroading. I just purchased a brand new set of Chapperal A/P which are made by Delta Tire. I will be switching when needed.

·
on line
142 Posts
Their 32x11.50-16LT SX would probably fit without a problem. There is a TSL Radial LT265/80R16 that looks like it might be spot on at 32.2x10.5".

A lot of folks on this site are running 285/75-16s (equivalent to a 33x11.5) with some minor mods. Here is a link.

http://thenewx.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=2361

Those TSLs will look pretty sick on the X! Post some pix when you get them on.

Z.

·
on line
142 Posts
I actually still have the stock Rugged Trails on my X. :puke: Hate them, but I have a hard time tossing tires before they wear out. I still only have 17k miles on my '05.

I'll be getting the 255/85-16 BFG M/Ts or Maxis Bighorns when these wear out. I'm going skinny and tall because that works better for the rock crawling I do mostly in the mountains out here.

Z.

·
on line
369 Posts
paulhood said:
How is the SSR treadwear compared to the TSL?
I had a set of SSRs on my '98 Frontier and loved them. It was only a 4 cylinder so they really slowed it down. I'm not exactly sure what size they were as that was a long time ago, they were tall & skinny though. The tread wear was very good & the wet traction was very good for a Super Swamper. I had Thornbirds on one of my trucks, a '96 Dakota, possibly the WORST tire ever.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts