Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
on line
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, So I am about get my 30,000 service done and as we all know its $$$. I am going to pay $480 is that resonable and they recommend flushing the trans. To flush the trans its about $180. Before you guys start I don't have have the time to do this myself. I am working 12hr days 6 days a week. So my question is do I really need to flush my trans when they will do a drain and fill with the 30,000 service?

·
on line
2,077 Posts
that's a lot for a tranny flush, my 30K services was like $200 total. if you don't do a flush you will only be replacing less then 1/2 the total amount of tranny fluid by doing a simple drain and refill

·
on line
294 Posts
my tranny flush was $120. shop around if you can. you might find a deal. and look for internet coupons on the nissanusa site - sometimes they have deals for regular maintenance that they try not to advertise...

i did everything else myself in the driveway - cost about another $80 for fluids/tools/etc and i got to spend quality time with my truck. for what they were going to actually "do" for almost $500, i only let them flush the tranny. at least i know everything else was done right...

·
on line
1,320 Posts
just paid $130 for a tranny flush at a reputable local mechanic.
I did the coolant flush myself... they wanted $55 for that.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
$480 seems reasonable. My dealer wanted close to $700. I told him to bug off!

·
on line
735 Posts
Is trans service even in the maint. schedule at all? I know some nissan cars have no auto trans service (no towing though).

every two or three years you should change the coolant and I like to flush brake fluid when I do new pads at 50k or so. other than that...? filters, lube, and windshield wipers.

·
on line
516 Posts
My local dealer just quoted me $595 for the 30k service. I WILL be shopping around.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts