Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
on line
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First was the Coleman safari basket..........Love it. Very easy to install here is the link to the write up danh1023 did on it today.

http://thenewx.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=1469&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

Next was the in channel rain deflectors.....I got them from YourNisanparts.com Took a hole five minutes to put them on.

Last is the Key pad

This key pad is going to come in REALLY handy!!

·
on line
2,459 Posts
XterraOverload said:
Next was the in channel rain deflectors.....I got them from YourNisanparts.com Took a hole five minutes to put them on.
Do you like them? I was thinking about putting them on at some point.

·
on line
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had the deflectors on my old X !!! wonderful for hot days and when it's raining.....and like I said it took all of 5 minutes to put them on....I think it's a worth while mod and soooooooooooo easy.....
It has functionality and a extra added bonus of it looks good too.

·
on line
61 Posts
That rack looks great. They have em at the Coleman Outlet here for $140.
Taking the X to Big Bend for a LONG weekend next week so I may go pick this basket up. Lookin good. :bounce:

·
on line
3,217 Posts
I have looked at those things but not sure how they would do for wheeling wise.

·
on line
3,217 Posts
The deflectors.

·
on line
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I really dont see it being much of a problem myself.........It's not like there going to come out. If you hit it hard it could break I guess..
But at that point Id be more worried about my paint.......

·
on line
295 Posts
I've had the deflectors for a year now through some serious wheeling with no problems.

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
What brand of deflectors are in the pic? Can't decide which ones to buy...

·
on line
240 Posts
Did the deflectors cause any extra wind noise? I have a friend who put some on his truck, and they caused some wind noise so he eventually took them off.

·
on line
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yea a little I think but only when you have the windows down do you notice it .
I made a point to listen for it yesterday and did notice a little but no big deal to me cuz it's loud as hell with the windows down reguardless.
I sure wont be taking them off very little difference as far as im conserned.

·
on line
1,114 Posts
That's the one! I know because I purchased mine from Costco.

It's sturdy. After I put it together, I turned it over and stood on it. Rock solid.

Costco will charge you $30 to ship the thing. Still, for the money I saved buying the Coleman over the Yak, I purchased a 48" hi-lift. I even had a few $$ left over to help pay for a new CB antenna.

The Coleman rack is a fantastic deal and a solid rack. Check out my truck (in this thread) with my hi-lift mounted and antenna installed.

·
on line
240 Posts
XterraOverload said:
Yea a little I think but only when you have the windows down do you notice it .
I made a point to listen for it yesterday and did notice a little but no big deal to me cuz it's loud as hell with the windows down reguardless.
I sure wont be taking them off very little difference as far as im conserned.
Sorry, I forgot to add that it was with the windows up that they n=made nows. It was pretty noticable.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts