Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
it would be nice if calling up Nisstec and getting them shipped to us would be that easy. what complicate things is the shipping cost to where we live in Canada.

·
on line
236 Posts
I am adding a 1" spacer and need about 1/2" longer bolts on top. I searched but didn't come up with anything.

So what size (length,thread, etc) are they

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
i just went to the hardware store and got some random sizes in sets of 12 and returned the ones I ended up not using for my coil overs

·
Registered
430 Posts
They are 10mm X 1.5. Stock are probably about 25mm long, but the extended ones Nisstec sells are about 50mm (2"). However on an OEM Coil they are pressed in. But once you knock out the OEM studs in the coil, any high grade 10mm or 7/16" bolts from the hardware store should work fine.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
If you want press-in studs, you'll get an exact match for what you need if you buy lug studs for an Austin Healy Sprite. I was having the same problem you are, showed the stud to my father-in-law (he rebuilds and races vintage British cars) and he gave me the Sprite lugs. They worked perfectly.

You can buy them online for cheap...

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
how do you replace the studs, maybe a stupid question sorry.
Step 1: Open vise just a bit wider than the top of the stud.
Step 2: Place the top plate on vise, with top of stud between jaws
Step 3: Strike bottom of stud vigorously with BFH. Stud pops right out.

Installation is reverse of removal :)

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Gonna rent a spring compressor set and just replace with longer bolts. Looks like Friday morning will tackle this

Don't know what parts store chains you've got up there, but Autozone & O'Reilly will loan the spring compressors to you for free...

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
The studs are tac welded, from pics I have seen, so I guess you would just smack them out and replace. But hopefully I can find out today. I will take pictures

No weld. Minimum of smacking necessary. Have fun!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts