Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
on line
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone currently running a 3" Body lift with 255/85/16 tires??
I have been thinking about this combo for a while now, and would like to pull the trigger in the next few months. I know the tires would fit with the melt mod, but I would like a bit more clearance and don't really need any more suspension travel.
I have 40k on the X, and the tires are looking a bit low on tread.
I use the X daily for a whopping 10 mile commute, and then on the weekends for mild outdoor trips.
There are way too many stock looking Xterra's around my neck of the woods! Help me set mine apart.
Thanks

·
on line
807 Posts
So whats the question?

·
on line
15,651 Posts
There are only a couple folks who have installed the 3" BL on here.

Seeing as the 255/85R16 tires fit without any lift, they will fit with the 3" BL. If that is what you are looking for.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Take a look at BoonDox's old truck pictures (Before he SASed that little monster). He had a 3" body with some 34" TSL superswamers on it (the 255/85's are ~33.2"). That is pretty darn close to the look you will achieve!

·
on line
259 Posts
06xblue said:
[...] There are way too many stock looking Xterra's around my neck of the woods! Help me set mine apart.
Thanks
You can put some pink flames on the hood, you will always be able to tell it apart. "There comes the dude with the pink flames". It wouldn't be original though, someone already did it on a H2.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

·
on line
612 Posts
That should come from the factory with those fabulous flames! Definitely defines most of the people who own those.

·
on line
191 Posts
I just threw up a little.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
S_e_X-Terra said:
Take a look at BoonDox's old truck pictures (Before he SASed that little monster). He had a 3" body with some 34" TSL superswamers on it (the 255/85's are ~33.2"). That is pretty darn close to the look you will achieve!
Oh yeah and I forgot... He also had the AC coilsprings up front and AAL in the rear so It wouldnt look exaclty like his but you get the idea.

·
on line
14 Posts
Installing a body lift is chanllanging. It's one of the hardest of all the lifts i believe. Keep that in mind!!

·
on line
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the responses.
I guess the answer is a NO.
Damn that H2 is fugly!
I have a 4 car shop at my disposal at work, so installing a lift should be a piece of cake.
Boondox's X looks great in that pic.

·
on line
2,125 Posts
boondox u should get a new picture of ure x running over that same car but now that u have the sas done. that would be pretty sweet IMO.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts