Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
on line
5,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Soooo, I'm really happy with the outcome of the BL. Stats to date:

2.5" Suspension lift (Rancho QL - to be $hitcanned)
1.5" Calmini Shackles (days are numbered)
3" AC BL

So far that's 5.5" front, 4.5" rear.

Near future plans: (this may change of course)

Front: Titan front diff swap (diff and half shafts only to retain Xterra rotors, etc.) PRG UCAs w Radflows w 4" Titan lift (however that will work)

With BL that'll be 7" total front

Rear: Replace stock leafs with Alcans built to lift 4" and possibly use revolvers.

With BL that'll be 7" total rear.

SOMEDAY my SWs bumpers, slides and skids will be all here and installed.

Awaiting your comments!

·
on line
671 Posts
sweet Oz

·
on line
809 Posts
Where did you get the BL and did you have any install issues that should be noted, radiator, short lines,...?

Are you going to have a new rear shock support tower built so you can get some added flex under there?

·
on line
5,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
import silvia Where did you get the BL and did you have any install issues that should be noted, radiator, short lines,...?

BL is from Automotive Customizers. http://www.4x4parts.com/public_html...6&ps_session=db387e2b39adb9ae3f347ae50f0b7bef
The link has answers to some of your install questions.

I had a local 4WD shop do the install. 3 hours after I dropped it off they called
and said it was done and they had no probs or issues.

import silvia Are you going to have a new rear shock support tower built so you can get some added flex under there?
Dunno, haven't thought that far yet

·
on line
245 Posts
Are those 285's or 265's? I'm doing a BL next month..

·
on line
750 Posts
Looks cool. May have to do this myself at some point as I am digging the 3" of lift I currently have.

·
on line
197 Posts
Once you get that additional lift of the front Titan UCA's and rear Alcans...those tires are gonna look small. Keep that checkbook warmed up! Looks great so far btw...

·
on line
5,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
krucam said:
Once you get that additional lift of the front Titan UCA's and rear Alcans...those tires are gonna look small. Keep that checkbook warmed up! Looks great so far btw...
Won't be doing the Titan UCAs - not needed if I'm keeping the OEM rotors, etc.

Just got off the phone with Greg. He strongly recommended running the X diff until/unless it fails. Then do a dif swap. I was concerned that I'd have to changeout suspension components but that's not the case. I may do it anyway.

I really would like some gears before I go a size larger in tires. Fat chance

1 - 20 of 41 Posts