Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the first 3" AAL of Greg a couple years ago. Now the lower leaf on both sides of the truck are cracked clear in two. What could cause this? My truck is on the street 90% of the time.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's what I was thinking. If I want to keep the same amount of lift or maybe even a little more, what would I need to order?

·
Veteran - AKA Truffle's
3,410 Posts
what was your height in the rear with what you were running. I am at 40" no body lift with 4" alcans and ac shackels at the lowest setting

·
West North Central Regional Moderator
9,791 Posts
what was your height in the rear with what you were running. I am at 40" no body lift with 4" alcans and ac shackels at the lowest setting
DAMN thats up there!

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
I'm at 41 1/2 with 2" Alcan, 2" shackle and 2" body lift.
Just tell Alcan you want 3" of lift and 400 lb. extra capacity

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm setting at 42" right now but that's with a BL. I'd like to stay at that height or maybe a little bit more in case it would settle. I don't want a saggy butt. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I bought the first 3" AAL of Greg a couple years ago. Now the lower leaf on both sides of the truck are cracked clear in two. What could cause this? My truck is on the street 90% of the time.
AALs are a temporary fix. They will provide some lift, but they are not bent on the same arc as the stock leaves. Additionally, most AAL kits are not full-size leaves, so there is quite a bit of stress on the pack. Eventually, the leaves will crack in half.

The more permanent fixes are either to get full-sized leaves added (a spring shop will forge new leaves and rearch the entire pack) or get complete replacement packs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts