Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend that's a truckdriver and hauls steel. He is also a really good fabricator. He said he can make me sliders from 3/8"-2x2" square tubing. Is this overkill or go for it? He gets the steel for $3 per foot since he hauls it.

·
on line
1,739 Posts
The only problem I could foresee, and this would be a stretch, is that your frame would fail before your sliders do. And you don't want that! But if they won't get used too hard then the only downside is that they're heavy

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
The only problem I could foresee, and this would be a stretch, is that your frame would fail before your sliders do. And you don't want that! But if they won't get used too hard then the only downside is that they're heavy
This^ Look at your frame. Much, much thinner. I know that welding 3/16 to our frame can be a pain because the mounts for the sliders are much thicker. IMHO, it's just wasted gas to haul it around man. Is 3/8 all he can get?

·
on line
1,739 Posts
Is it going to be a bolt on? Be careful about welding that to your frame. Don't want to blow any holes through it! It could be done though

1 - 6 of 6 Posts