Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!!
So I’m still pretty new to this forum but this is my first post. I’m based out of SoCal in Los Angeles and I’m looking to see if there is any clubs or anything out this way that anyone knows about that I would love to be apart of. Yes that’s right, I have a 2WD open diff 2006 xterra and I take this thing everywhere I can. Unfortunately no Facebook or Instagram for me but if I can share my adventures here it would be great. Not too many mods yet but lookin to make some skid plates and maybe some sliders also.
Tire Plant Wheel Vehicle Car

Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Cloud Sky Land vehicle

· Registered
3,263 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

· Registered
2006 Off-road, ADO 2" HD lift, Grabbers
344 Posts
Welcome!

Nothing wrong with 2wd. Nissan made the Desert Runner Frontier for a while. 2wd, with locking rear diff, and 4wd suspension. Think Baja or other desert race trucks.
Toyota also made the PreRunner Tacoma.

I am sure a lot of people here, myself included, would love to see your setup and trips.

· Registered
35 Posts
Nothing wrong with 2wd. Nissan made the Desert Runner Frontier for a while. 2wd, with locking rear diff, and 4wd suspension. Think Baja or other desert race trucks.
Toyota also made the PreRunner Tacoma.
The Desert Runner trucks did not get a rear locker. It was a sticker, wheel, and suspension package. There were some early (05/06) trucks that had an option for the rear locker but that was gone by the time the Desert Runner package came out.

· Registered
2006 Off-road, ADO 2" HD lift, Grabbers
344 Posts
The Desert Runner trucks did not get a rear locker. It was a sticker, wheel, and suspension package. There were some early (05/06) trucks that had an option for the rear locker but that was gone by the time the Desert Runner package came out.
Thank you for pointing that out.
Back at the dealer in 07' and 08', the few Desert runners and Prerunners that came in, 2 or 3 each, had locking diffs, so I just thought they all came with them.
My bad.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome aboard, have fun with that 2wd build. Here's a relatively cheap way to improve your ride's traction without the expense of a "full on" locker conversion...

https://www.tractionconcepts.com/2006-2015-Nissan-Xterra-4-0-v6-auto-Man-LSD-Kit-p/tcxni6650.htm
Hey, thanks for this insight man I didn’t even know this existed for this year or this differential type. Definitely ordering at the end of the week lol. Hopefully it gets me a little further on my journey.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts