Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
on line
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just moved from Baton Rouge, LA to Midland, Michigan two weeks ago. The folks around here said that they had a mild winter thus far. I guess Ma Nature is making up for lost time...
The X handles great in the white stuff. Before the move, my wife traded in her '03 X for an '07 4x4 SE and I got her almost new Firestone Destination A/Ts in exchange for the wearing stockers on my '05. These tires do very well in the snow and slush, just like Tire Rack said they would. I couldn't pass on the price either :cheers: !
[/img]

·
on line
1,361 Posts
Today is the first real day I got to play with mine in the snow. I was suprised in 2wd how much skinny pedal I had to give it to slip. It was also the first time I saw my slip light come on.

My old jeep with no weight in the rear would come around if you breathed to hard on it.

Its definitely nice to have so weight in the back.

·
on line
1,407 Posts
The winter here has stunk, but there still is hope!

·
on line
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is an eBay special brush guard. When I bought my X in '05, the dealer didn't have access to one, and I found this one on eBay. I needed somewhere to mount the Hella 500s, and was too chicken to mount them up top.
This is what I like about this site. On the "other" site, a brush guard would have been flamed and everyone would've put their 2 cents in about how it causes damage in accidents and decreases approach angles, etc.

·
on line
89 Posts
I got one of those very same brush guards. I like mine and I got it for the same reason as you did, I needed a place to hang my PIAAs, until I order a shrock.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts