Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
on line
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had issues receiving paid for items from Prerunnerparts?

Paid for exhaust 47 Days ago and it seems I keep getting the run around.

Sorry for posting this Nick but you have ignored my emails.....

·
on line
573 Posts
I am extremely sorry. I have not been ignoring anybody purposely. Thorley has been lagging on these but they are in cutting now so they should be ready very quickly. One thing to remember is that manufacturers make a variety of different part #'s and unfortunately they have to prioritize everything. I really have to push most of the manufacturer's I deal with to produce Nissan products because the lack of sales. Again I am sorry and I will do my best to get you your exhaust promptly.

Nick

·
on line
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do understand about the parts not in high demand. I used to own a Neon (my kids have it now) and it was like pulling teeth getting anything produced.

But when I get replies like "The exhaust will ship within a week as they under production at thorley" and "I was just told by Thorley that they are in bending as of now so they should be done in a couple days" and then "According to them we are looking towards the end of next week. Thorley should be getting material Monday or Tuesday."

Then you tell me they are on Backorder when your site said In Stock...

All I ever ask is to be up front and cut the BS... I am having second thoughts on the shorty headers I was asking about.

Thanks for the reply.

·
on line
4,576 Posts
47 days and you can't tell the customer it's backordered?

Wow. Thats horrible.

I would get a refund and go somewhere else.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I do understand about the parts not in high demand. I used to own a Neon (my kids have it now) and it was like pulling teeth getting anything produced.

But when I get replies like "The exhaust will ship within a week as they under production at thorley" and "I was just told by Thorley that they are in bending as of now so they should be done in a couple days" and then "According to them we are looking towards the end of next week. Thorley should be getting material Monday or Tuesday."

Then you tell me they are on Backorder when your site said In Stock...

All I ever ask is to be up front and cut the BS... I am having second thoughts on the shorty headers I was asking about.

Thanks for the reply.
That is exactly the same way I feel. I would be totally cool with having a vendor telling me that it is actually going to take 2-3 months to get something, rather than, "Oh, it'll ship out this week," and it doesn't, and then you hear nothing.

Look at Shrockworks. Everyone knows they have a 6 month (sometimes more) wait time, and people STILL buy their products. Because they know up front what they are getting in to.

I absolutely hate the feeling of being jerked around.

47 days and you can't tell the customer it's backordered?

Wow. Thats horrible.

I would get a refund and go somewhere else.
X2

1 - 9 of 9 Posts