Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
on line
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want these Tires but I dont want any mods am I going to be Ok yes or No :geek:

·
on line
107 Posts
Yes, but you could ALSO be OK with 285/75/16's, instead of 285/70/16's.

:D

Is that what you meant? (The '70's are small...the 75's are only using 1/2" more room than stock options)

·
on line
3,262 Posts
TJ said:
Yes, but you could ALSO be OK with 285/75/16's, instead of 285/70/16's.

Is that what you meant? (The '70's are small...the 75's are only using 1/2" more room than stock options)
well he (I am guessing here) has the S edition.... so he is upgrading from 265/70/16 to 285/70/16 sure he can upgrade a little more but since he doesnt want to do anymore mods i am guessing he doesnt want to do the heat gun thing (even though it is easy)

Why not just upgrade to the Off Road sized tires 265/75/16???

·
on line
266 Posts
last i checked they dont sell any 285 70 16's in anything you would want to use off road

i think there are a few street SUV tires that come in that size, but nothing else

i was interested in that size too becuase it would be the same diameter as the stock OR tires but a little wider

·
on line
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dont like the skinni tires

so that means that the 285 75 16 need a mod of a torch , that sucks :bom:

·
on line
107 Posts
Re: I dont like the skinni tires

Cesar said:
so that means that the 285 75 16 need a mod of a torch , that sucks :bom:
No, it doesn't.

SOME people find that a little bubble shaped protrusion molded into the plastic wheel well liner can rub on the inner edge of the tire...there is nothing behind the bubble, and it appears to be molded in as part of a feature that is needed on other models, etc.

If you have the bubble, and it is also hitting (They do not always rub...), THEN you can either take a blow dryer, and shrinck it back, or just cut it off with a razor knife, etc...a few minutes of work to take care of both sides, IF you are one of the people who NEED to.

There are people with 305/70/16's as well btw.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts