Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Close to sealing up getting some 18's for my Xterra and want a nice street tire.
I have NO plans to off-road, mudding or anything more than fire or gravel roads, even though I have the Off Road packaged X.

Originally was going to go with 265/65/18's but there are more performance oriented tires in the 285/60/18 size and they are both bout the same diameter as my stock 265/75/16s

Kinda got it narrowed down to these four. any input, personal feedback, advise is greatly appriciated.

KUMHO ECSTA STX
HANKOOK VENTUS AS
FALKEN ZIEX S/TZ04 (i think it might be older tire)
TOYO PROXES ST II

Thanks!!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah... not how that makes any sense to have a 2WD "Off Road" model. But I'm not complaining. Has all the good stuff of the OR package (foglites, RF radio, steering wheel mounting controls, skidplates, bilsteins) and what I was looking for... 2wd and a manual gearbox

·
Registered
223 Posts
Yeah... not how that makes any sense to have a 2WD "Off Road" model. But I'm not complaining. Has all the good stuff of the OR package (foglites, RF radio, steering wheel mounting controls, skidplates, bilsteins) and what I was looking for... 2wd and a manual gearbox
Interesting.. I guess it was just a package level, like Limited, SE, etc... Thats crazy though.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cleaned him a bit this morning. I'm really diggin' the way it looks now.
Handles great for a big SUV. I suspect my mileage will go down a bit too... getting on the gas a bit earlier thru turns now.
Not quite up to par as my Miata with suspension work, but it's a joy to drive now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts