Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
New England Regional Moderator
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running a 270 degree awning like a Foxwing/Batwing? If so are you also running a Gobi ladder? I’m on the cusp of ordering one of the new Batwings from Rhino Rack (Batwing Awning - #33100 | Rhino-Rack), but I’m a little concerned because of the ladder and how high the hatch sits due to the heavier gas pistons.

So please share your experiences.

·
Caretaker of The Minion
3,720 Posts
I've got a 270 coming in next week...don't have a gobi, but my hatch does open higher than stock due to the struts I used when I replaced the stock ones. I'm just gonna tie a ratchet strap or something to the interior handle at bottom of hatch to shackle on my bumper, and use that to limit how high the hatch goes

·
Caretaker of The Minion
3,720 Posts
Holy Moly! That's a lot of money to spend on shade. Very nice though, the price, not so much.
I spent $410 shipped on mine . No poles either. ARQ4WD

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,952 Posts

·
Caretaker of The Minion
3,720 Posts
Hahaha! Yeah, totally didn't read his post all the way thru and thought he had wanted to know more info about the awning. LOL. Deleted my post abive about it

·
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Holy Moly! That's a lot of money to spend on shade. Very nice though, the price, not so much.
You obviously have never been in a position where shade was non existent, and at a premium.

I spent $410 shipped on mine . No poles either. ARQ4WD

I’m not paying much more for the batwing. On top of that I haven’t heard good things about the ARQ. Poor welds, low quality materials, long wait times, and easily damaged.

·
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bringing this up from the dead: did you ever get the awning mounted up? curious how it works out!
I second this. I still have not yet picked up a 270 degree awning cause I am concerned about how it will interface with the rear hatch. And, well, because life has is great about getting in the way.

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
EZ up, With sides, and 10" Hex bolts Using Impact Drill.. To secure to the ground. Gives good shade. Just have to keep eye on winds.. and adapt.

Must have shelter from Rains/snow & Sun Plus, Bird droppings.

·
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I cant reason why I would want that @$750 vs a $79 EZ-up awning/canopy.
The quality is much higher, it doesn’t take any space on the roof rack and you get so much more coverage, quicker set up time. And I’m not paying anywhere near that.

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Good news. I hope you like it. Count me on the list looking forward to your review and photos. If the hatch is a problem getting in the way, and how you solve that.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
About this Discussion
46 Replies
18 Participants
Apples491
Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums
We’re the best Nissan Xterra forums to talk about your Nissan Xterra Mods and off-road adventures. The New X is the ultimate club Xterra.
Full Forum Listing