Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
on line
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post.
I love my X, just wanted to post some of my warranty work thats been done to see if anyone else has had any of these problems.

26K miles:
1. Both front rotors replaced for delamination. Dealership was going to charge for new pads, after a "discussion" they replaced the pads for free as well
2. Rear passenger speaker blown - replaced (non-fosgate system)
3. Plastic panel between hood and windsheld (?) that the wipers are on. Faded to almost white - replaced

20K miles
1. Drivers side piston on rear hatch. The door wouldn't stay up, found that piston to be leaking.
2. Rear view mirror w/ compass. Replaced, due to short. It would keep shutting off randomly.

13K Miles
1. Gas gap. Kept throwing SES light, found the gas cap wasn't sealing

Been a lurker for some time, great site.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Nope none of those issues.

My rear hatch does have a problem staying up when it's really cold, but hasn't really been an issue.

The things I had done

Front diff replaced
Drivers seat recliner

Rear diff replaced

Problem that still persists
When it's cold (freezing) it sounds like there is a cricket in my drivers side door.

·
on line
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My rear hatch would stay for a second, then fall to open 20% open. It would actually lean to the left slightly as well. Cold just made it more apparent for the most part.
I have the window creek issue with my passenger window at times, I've gotta take a look at that one.

·
on line
1,361 Posts
I have 11k and I have taken mine in for the squealing belt, and it needs to go in for the window rattle on both front windows.

otherwise, so far so good.

·
on line
268 Posts
for me:

27,500 miles or so: nada :cheers:

Though I do need to get it in for the drivers seat seat belt receiver replaced. It doesn't release the belt. I have to push the button and yank the belt out of the slot. Just haven't had time to get it in.

·
on line
1,667 Posts
at about 12K transfer case seal was leaking

around 22K transfer case sensor was leaking

and finally 36K rear diff was replaced because of a bad axle shaft

·
on line
278 Posts
I just got my transfer case replaced at 43,000 miles. I have the same problem with the plastic strip fading to white, too. Unfortunately, I am out of the bumper-to-bumper warranty, so I am stuck with that one. But, the t-case ws a pretty big deal for me.

·
on line
20 Posts
Pardon my ignorance, but what is "delamination" of a rotor, and what symptoms did the X have that caused them to find that? Thanks.

·
on line
1,667 Posts
ejpreston said:
Pardon my ignorance, but what is "delamination" of a rotor, and what symptoms did the X have that caused them to find that? Thanks.
dictionary.com says:
a splitting apart into layers

i guess the rotors were overheating from excessive braking

·
on line
1,208 Posts
22,000 miles and nothing really as of yet.

·
on line
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
matrix12480 said:
ejpreston said:
dictionary.com says:
a splitting apart into layers

i guess the rotors were overheating from excessive braking
I don't typically ride my brakes and generally use gears to slow down or slow to most stops. Most of my driving is highway, so this may be a case sometimes but not in this instance.

There really weren't many symptoms other than a minor pulsating that you'd see if you're rotors needed turned. They found it during the yearly inspection though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts