Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
on line
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i've decided to go with these over the 285s and they look better than the stock 265/70s I have now. Looking at the BFG MTs.

My question: Do I have to lose my ever precious mudflaps if I put these on??

:geek:
________
EXTREME VAPORIZER 240V

·
on line
68 Posts
First off definately take the mud flaps off. That size tire is good match for the stock wheels of the S. With the 285s you would be better off with a wider wheel. For the BFG m/t......I would never recommend them to anyone. They are just an overall cheap tire. There loud, dont balance very well, and wont last as long as a Toyo. Tires can be explained as you get what you pay for.

·
on line
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
"Tires can be explained as you get what you pay for."

^^ dude, the BFG M/Ts are $181 apiece. that aint cheap. i found the dunlop MTs with similar tread design and wear life for $40 cheaper.....Discount Tires recommended them over the BFGs
________
Ocean View Condo

·
on line
15,651 Posts
nightrider21 said:
First off definately take the mud flaps off. That size tire is good match for the stock wheels of the S. With the 285s you would be better off with a wider wheel. For the BFG m/t......I would never recommend them to anyone. They are just an overall cheap tire. There loud, dont balance very well, and wont last as long as a Toyo. Tires can be explained as you get what you pay for.
Everyone I know who has BFG MT's (including me) has loved them. The only complaint I ever hear about (from people who actually have owned them) is the price. My 33's were $209 each.

As far as MT's go, I don't think there is a more street friendly MT out there. This is in terms of road manors, wear, noise, etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts