Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
Depending on wheel offset you can need to melt mod.
Yep. The Warriors are pretty close to stock, but they do stick out a tiny little bit, and that makes the difference in the widest part of the tire running into the fender as it turns. Recently I swapped in new fender liners - old ones were melt-modded for 33s and fine, but one of the new ones rubbed even after melting (and the guy who got my old liners, also incidentally running Warriors? Rubbing like he was in middle school.) . It's all about the tolerances, baby.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks
My X is like the youngest kid in the family... All hand me downs..

Rims I Purchased from MainerX:rockin:

Tires I Purchased on Monday from bmxvr6 who by the way presently has a set of off-road wheels with duratracs for sale... :rockin:

Yakima roof was a local craigslist find..

Heck, only thing I actually paid full price for was the my PIONEER APP RADIO.. and rainguards

Thinking of plasti dipping the wheels.... Center caps are already done... Thinking Anthracite to match the night armor.
If anybody happens to know of somebody with the Vision Warrior wheels painted let me know..

By the way, I think it's rather new.. These same wheels now come in Camo..
Shame it's not a black/gray camo... but all the same might be of interest to somebody...

·
Registered
604 Posts
17" Vision Warriors with 285/70/17 GY Duratracs

Melt Mod was not enough, I'd rub at full lock. A little trim of the liners and minor fender "bending" , its all good for now.

I still get minor contact at times. But I'm going to squeeze a bit more height from my shocks and that might do it. If not, I'll trim an inch off the inside-lower fender.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts