Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
on line
Joined
·
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will these tires fit a stock Xterra? If so, will it require the heat gun mod?

Thank you for your help.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
807 Posts
No they wont fit stock. You will need 2.5" lift, remove the mudflaps, and air damn, and do the melt mod to fit them.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
1,884 Posts
stevet47 said:
No they wont fit stock. You will need 2.5" lift, remove the mudflaps, and air damn, and do the melt mod to fit them.
Actually they do fit with no mods as well as the spare fits. Lots of info already on the board about this. Check out syndicate's!
 

·
on line
Joined
·
807 Posts
Rastaman said:
Ok, those are all threads saying they fit, but did you read them?
Syndicate has a 2.5" lift
Erick has 3" of lift.
And the last thread is me, and I have a 2.5" lift.
So how is that fitting stock?

RogueClimber said:
Actually they do fit with no mods as well as the spare fits. Lots of info already on the board about this. Check out syndicate's!
What does "as well as the spare fits" mean? The spare isnt a 255/85R16, so what does ithe spare fitting have to do with anything? Also, Syndicate has a lift. I'm not sure if he had the tires on before the lift or not, but if he did I can bet he rubbed.


Take it from someone who actually has these tires. Without a lift, they will rub.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RogueClimber said:
Actually they do fit with no mods as well as the spare fits. Lots of info already on the board about this. Check out syndicate's!
What does "as well as the spare fits" mean? The spare isnt a 255/85R16, so what does ithe spare fitting have to do with anything?

I think he meant it fits where the spare fits. And I too also noticed the threads not giving a definitive answer. I know someone asked Syndicate about his lift but I didnt see a response. I don't know about Eric either.

I am going down to sears to try on some new shoes. I will take some pictures and come back with a definitive yes or no.

Thank you to all that contributed.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
807 Posts
I can promise you that sears will not have 255/85R16s in stock.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the heads up. I made the appointment for later this week. They will be bringing them in along with the 265/75r16 All Terrains in case the 255's dont work.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
1,831 Posts
Sorry to respond so late into this thread.

Yes, 255/85/16 will fit a stock Xterra without any rubbing.

The only thing you have to do is remove the mud flaps and heat-treat the inner fender-wells. A 20min max job.

I actually get VERY minor rubbing in the rear now that I have a lift. I have the rear lifted with the AC shackles. This is only under completely maxed out flex though. This is due to keeping the stock leaf springs, which flex very easily. Eric, who has stiffer leaf springs, shouldn't have any rub, whatsoever, anywhere.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
589 Posts
Syndicate is right, I have zero rubbing on my X, granted it's got shackles and AAL on the rear, but there is no rubbing.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
60 Posts
muzikman said:
265/75R16
FYI-I'm loving my new 265/75 Yokohama MT's!!
 

·
on line
Joined
·
58 Posts
syndicate said:
Sorry to respond so late into this thread.

Yes, 255/85/16 will fit a stock Xterra without any rubbing.

The only thing you have to do is remove the mud flaps and heat-treat the inner fender-wells. A 20min max job.

I actually get VERY minor rubbing in the rear now that I have a lift. I have the rear lifted with the AC shackles. This is only under completely maxed out flex though. This is due to keeping the stock leaf springs, which flex very easily. Eric, who has stiffer leaf springs, shouldn't have any rub, whatsoever, anywhere.
Is there a post for the heat gun mod? I have a stock 07 OR - and am thinking about the 255/85s.. is there rubbing in the rear? it is my daily driver and while i want some nice meaty tires i dont want to go too overboard...
 

·
on line
Joined
·
58 Posts
thank you - MC - your instructions rock!! :headbang:
 

·
on line
Joined
·
25 Posts
Stock

I have the BFG 255/85 MT's and my X is 100% stock and I have only had them rub when im completely flexed. Stick with the MT's man they are the best tires you could get for 2nd gen X. They were made for it, they fit like a glove.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
807 Posts
Re: Stock

pkiddddd said:
I have the BFG 255/85 MT's and my X is 100% stock and I have only had them rub when im completely flexed. Stick with the MT's man they are the best tires you could get for 2nd gen X. They were made for it, they fit like a glove.
lol, I wouldn't consider rubbing under flex, fitting like a glove, but yes, this size does rock.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I hope I don't sound too stupid but is it wrong to just let it rub? won't it eventually just work itself out? my first 4x4 was an isuzu amigo and the 32's it had rubbed themselves right into place.
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top