Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
on line
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I saw at least 1 person on this board running this tire. When I called an authorized Dean retailer today, they said that they never stocked this particular size... I realize that this tire is rare and that's why I wanted to go to an authorized dealer as opposed to some shady shop. What do I do now...?

BFG makes that size, but they are around $180. Durango seemed to be reasonably priced at $130 or something along those lines. Are there any reliable authorized places on line that sell them? Also, is there a chance that i won't be able to find a shop to install the tire of this odd size?

Thanks!

·
on line
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah, I was looking for you! They look awesome on your car and that's why I started shopping around for those tires. Vulcantire.com seemed to be a bit shady for me, that's why I was asking around.

Consider this thread closed!

P.S.: Shipping is what killed me... $208 to CA 94403.

·
on line
807 Posts
IIRC my Maxxis Bighorns were $130ea. and they are actually a namebrand/good tire. I would recomend them over the Durangos.

·
on line
2,077 Posts
Dean is a brand of Cooper tires, they have held up well so far despite my camber being off wearing the outer edge a little quick.

edit....vulcantire.com lists the durangos at $116/tire, not $130.

·
on line
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, the tires are cheap... Shipping is not. They will end up costing me $780 for 5 tires. $200+ for shipping...

I will look more. I really really love their looks on willgr1's car :)

·
on line
807 Posts
lol, mine were $130 each with free shipping.

·
on line
1,695 Posts
At $156/tire, you are getting darn close to the cost for a set of BFG's ($161 at tirerack.com). I'm sure you could find somewhere local to give you a price close to that.

·
on line
1,320 Posts
vman, check out the maxxis bighorn or buckshot's in 255/85. there's good internet deals to be had and maybe available at a local dealer.
Stevet47 and myself both have the bighorn's and i can't speak for Steve but I'm sure he'd agree it's a great MT for the price.

·
on line
807 Posts
lifeinthesouth said:
vman, check out the maxxis bighorn or buckshot's in 255/85. there's good internet deals to be had and maybe available at a local dealer.
Stevet47 and myself both have the bighorn's and i can't speak for Steve but I'm sure he'd agree it's a great MT for the price.
You speak for me just fine.
I agree, this is my favorite tire I've had first hand experience with, which includes BFG MTs, BFG ATs, Interco Truxus MTs, Maxxis Buckshots, and Maxxis Bighorns.

·
on line
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the info guys, it sounds like I may have better luck with Maxxis Bighorns in my area.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts