Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
on line
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took in my 06 2inch lifted 4x4 x with 285/75/16 bfg allterrains on it in to the dealership for a front end alignment. They tell me that the truck is missing the necessary bolts to perform an alignment so I will need to pay for 4 bolts, installation and a 4 wheel alignment just to align the front two tires......
Shouldn't these needed bolts be covered under a tsb or recall at no cost? Why pay for a four wheel alignment when the rears can't be adjusted?
someone else must have dealt with this, please advise

·
on line
2,077 Posts
they won't replace them if you cause the alignment to be off (aka installing a lift)....the bolts are rediculously expensive at the dealership...just order them from yournissanparts.com and go to firestone, ntb, etc. to get the alignment done, shouldn't cost more then $80, not including the install of the camber bolts.

·
on line
2,077 Posts
oh, and that price is quote is probably about right, 1 hours labor (minimum), + minimum of $50 buck for the bolts, + around $100 for the alignment at the dealership

note i said minimums, guarenteed the dealer will charge you more for each of the above.

·
on line
376 Posts
My local dealer charges $65 for an alignment, but I got it for $55 because I knew the service guy. Them even mentioning a 4wheel alignment is ridiculous!

·
on line
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that is exactly what I was thinking...extra thirty bucks for a four wheel align over a two wheel align, 30-40 bucks per set of bolts(wouldn't give me an exact price) I felt a little slimmy when I left there.

·
on line
298 Posts
I bought the bolts, but just let the guys at the shoip install them on an if-needed basis. They did install, and the total was $130.

·
on line
1,891 Posts
Yeah def, go to Firestone and get the lifetime alignment. I bought the package a few days ago, in preparation for my lift install here in the next few days. I think I paid about $110, can't remember, it was a busy day.

·
on line
2,540 Posts
npgtech said:
Yeah def, go to Firestone and get the lifetime alignment. I bought the package a few days ago, in preparation for my lift install here in the next few days. I think I paid about $110, can't remember, it was a busy day.
Yep thats what I did. I think I paid 130 but I've already used it 3 times and about to use it a 4th time so its already paid for itself.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts