Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched every post and thread I can find for weeks and I'm hoping someone can help. I put the info in bullet points to skip the lengthy narration.

2015 Pro-4X Rockford Fosgate System
  • Upgraded Radio to Atoto Pro 6
  • Used Metra 70-7552 and the RCA cables from Metra 70-553
    • Removed speaker pins for RCA's from Metra 70-553 and swapped them with the pins on 70-7552 (don't know if anyone has done this before, but it worked fine, if anyone has questions let me know and I can elaborate)
  • Wired up radio
  • Audio and radio work great, but no Subwoofer
  • Reviewed electrical diagram from Xterra Manual and I can't find what I'm doing wrong or how to correct
  • What I know:
    • RCA inputs on radio send a lower power signal that the amp needs, versus using the preamp high output from radio to speak wires; so I can either use the RCA inputs or I need a Line Out Converter, I opted for the RCA's, but my understanding is they are equal options.
    • Aftermarket Radio has Subwoofer input RCA port, but the Xterra wiring diagram, harness and amp do not show or have a subwoofer input.
    • Electrical Diagram shows speakers (FL,FR, RL, RR) going from the radio to the amp, then the amp sends out signal to speaker FR, FL, RR, RL and SUBWOOFER
      • So if the factory setup goes radio to speakers to amp to speakers and subwoofer, I have everything correct but no bass.
  • Attached is a diagram I made trying to illustrate my question... no need to make fun, I know it's terrible, just want to provide as much information as possible for a solution.
If you made it this far, thank you.

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 Xterra Pro-4X
13 Posts
I’m curious to know about rewiring the harnesses. I took my ‘15 Pro-4x to an installer. I have a joying android unit that I wanted to install. He told me he to bypass the amp using the 7553. That was the only way it would work. I thought something was fishy when he said that.

Are you getting any bass at all, or just not from the sub?

·
Registered
7 Posts
You should have looked for my write up. You needed to use the 7551 harness. The other harnesses don't have the right connections.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts