Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I'm surprised that someone else has not started a post on this exciting topic.

I've been watching the GONE website closely, anxiously waiting for the registration to open up for the 2015 event. The trail list for each day has been posted! I'm so pumped!

Starting my planning now. Can't wait to see everyone there.

Here is the chart.

Attachments

·
on line
6,543 Posts
So, I'm thinking about running Jax Trax and leading Elephant Hill and Porcupine Rim as normal. Not sure if I'll run anything else, but we'll see. Need some hiking time.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
I'm going to try to go this year. I can trail lead if needed. Don't care what trails, just need to get back out there and have some fun!

·
Registered
901 Posts
Hmm... several reds have been upgraded to grey.

Kane Creek and Poison Spider Mesa.

Also Flat Iron Mesa, although I can understand that because its in reverse.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts

I did all those grey except Moab Rim in August with my setup.

On Kanes Creek all the by passes are now restricted to atvs/bikes, they got washed out. The signs were new.

I did have a great spotter and when there is only 8 vehicles on the trails and you dont see anyone else out there things go by quicker.

If you cant make it out to this event get a group and go in august. Its about 100F everyday but its also rainy season which makes kane creek a blast with all the water crossings

·
on line
6,543 Posts

A trail can move up or down based on the amount of spotting and optional obstacles that'll be done. For example, if you run Hell's without the Gate and TipOver, it's a blue. Throw in those two and it's red. Throw in the Escalator and your Xterra is a shattered wreck of its former self.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
A trail can move up or down based on the amount of spotting and optional obstacles that'll be done. For example, if you run Hell's without the Gate and TipOver, it's a blue. Throw in those two and it's red. Throw in the Escalator and your Xterra is a shattered wreck of its former self.
We upgraded some trails to a "higher" color in order to make the trail go a bit quicker for those that have the abilities (both rigs and driving), rather than have a lot of rigs and make it go slower.

I hope that answers your questions about the color choice of some of the trails. Some of them (especially the new ones) are subject to change, weather pending.

If anyone is interested in volunteering to lead, be a mid- or tail gunner, we are still working on getting the application up on the forum. But feel free to post up your interest: http://forum.gonemoab.com/

·
on line
6,543 Posts
My trail leader preferences are already up.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I will be along with the Fronty contingent. Looking forward to wheeling with you SWB guys and gals! Running mostly reds and taking a day or two off for MTB time.

·
Registered
73 Posts
There are a couple people on CF that are interested in running both Golden Spike and Steel Bender, but they are scheduled the same day. Is there anyone else here that is interested in running both those trails as well? I figured if there enough people interested, there might be considerations of adjusting the schedule so they are run the same day.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts