Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Interesting.. I'm not sure how credible the source is, but I did notice that they typed "body-on-body SUV" instead of body-on-frame. So it's a possibility that it was a type. I'm glad this surfaced, all of the other threads about the Xterra going extinct are a buzz kill!

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
I don't think we technically have a center diff. My understanding is with a center diff it will allow you to drive in 4wd on hard surfaces without binding the drivetrain.

·
on line
10,980 Posts
Aren't our transfer cases (center diff) already locking?
Yes ... they're just talking about the transfer case. In a world where true part-time transfer cases are going away to a large degree, a lot of the auto-press (especially the copy & paste type, like the OP's link seems to be at first blush) refer to them as "center locking differentials".

The reality is that unless they're going to a completely different t-case than what we've had for the history of this truck - and I have to believe that would necessitate some bigger changes than the simple refresh that's been discussed for 2014 - it'll be the exact same part-time TX15B transfer case we've had all along.

A transfer case that has an AWD mode, or worse (from the perspective of maintaining Xterra heritage and performance) a full-time AWD drive train, can sometimes have a locking feature to give it performance like a part-time t-case ... the reality is that in an AWD vehicle that's driven on tarmac in AWD, there is a necessity to have some ability to allow front and rear drive trains to slip relative to each other - and most have even gone so far as to enable 'torque vectoring' or forced power splitting to front and rear (this would be the 60/40 or 70/30 split that is sometimes discussed, or sensing wheel spin and redirecting power to the other end).

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Don't get your hopes up guys. Yes, Nissan, way back in like June said they would have a 2014 in Oct of this year. I saw a ton of these articles as well, I think they let anyone write them.

Call up your local dealer and try to order one....We are talking less than a month out here, right? I think Nissan is just quietly going to let them go away. :crybaby:

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
You are aware that Nissan brought the new 2014 Nissan Pro 4X to NXM this past weekend? And, they announced several press releases about it. It is/ has happened.
What he said. There were even a couple threads about the 2014 press releases. Info came out same time as the 2014 fronty.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
You are aware that Nissan brought the new 2014 Nissan Pro 4X to NXM this past weekend? And, they announced several press releases about it. It is/ has happened.
Ha, where have I been!? That's fantastic news. Why have so many dealers genuinely been stumped on this one then? I'm not just talking po-dunk Reno either, I tried Nissan of S.F., L.A. and a few others. They all told me no:dontknow:

Somebody had to have gotten an actual look at this right? Can you point me to the pics/info?

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Ha, where have I been!? That's fantastic news. Why have so many dealers genuinely been stumped on this one then? I'm not just talking po-dunk Reno either, I tried Nissan of S.F., L.A. and a few others. They all told me no:dontknow:

Somebody had to have gotten an actual look at this right? Can you point me to the pics/info?
http://nissannews.com/en-US/nissan/usa/releases/the-2014-nissan-lineup-charting-the-changes
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
From Nissannews.com

Nissan Xterra
The adventure-ready 2014 Nissan Xterra continues to combine power, utility, value and authenticity – inspiring and facilitating outdoor enthusiasts to "attack life" wherever they go. Enhancements for 2014 include:

•New 16-inch aluminum-alloy wheel designs for the S and PRO-4X grades
•Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone System, steering wheel audio controls and sunglass holder (overhead console) added as standard on X and S grades
•Push-type HVAC controls added to X grade
•Heated front cloth seats added as standard on PRO-4X
•Heated leather front seats available on PRO-4X
•Updated NissanConnect℠ with NissanConnect℠ Apps smartphone integration for iPhone® and Android, SiriusXM TravelLink (fuel prices, movie times, stock updates, sports scores) SiriusXM Weather and audio voice recognition
•Upgraded audio system on X grade
•Offered in Xterra X, Xterra S (4x4 and 4x2) and PRO-4X (4x4 only)
•Available October 2013

1 - 20 of 25 Posts