Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up with this? My local dealers say they don't know when the 2014s will be released but I see some advertised in the Texas/Arizona area.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OH HELL!! I DID IT AGAIN!! :violent1:

Well the question remains the same. I want a silver PRO-4X but the locals can only find 2013s. I like the changes, esp. the wheels on the 2014 Xterra.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Why don't you say, "Other states already have them for sale" and see if they can make some calls? It can't be that hard for them to figure out.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I plan to push that angle after Christmas. I sent an email to a Nissan rep asking this question. He referred me to a local e salesman. That salesman had no answer either. I found the 2014s on line after that and have saved the dealer websites for my Jan. push.

This is the first time I have seen a company release their models separately and any this late in the year. Is this normal Nissan practice??

·
Registered
370 Posts
The Nissan dealer next to my work just got a 2014 Pro 4X Xterra. Oh boy is it nice. I'm really digging the new wheels too. But that price tag is just crazy.

·
on line
1,739 Posts
The Nissan dealership here in Oklahoma has 1 blue pro4x and I can second that.. It is sick. Although the backup camera is big and pretty goofy but it looks like they placed it off to the side so you could probably still throw a tire back there and see but it will be close

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
on line
3,453 Posts
The Nissan dealership here in Oklahoma has 1 blue pro4x and I can second that.. It is sick. Although the backup camera is big and pretty goofy but it looks like they placed it off to the side so you could probably still throw a tire back there and see but it will be close

Oh, just FYI - it will interfere with the camera viewing if you install a passenger side GOBI Ladder on it...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The Nissan dealer next to my work just got a 2014 Pro 4X Xterra. Oh boy is it nice. I'm really digging the new wheels too. But that price tag is just crazy.
Compared to other vehicles I have looked at it is well in range. Check Jeep lineup prices.

Where do you live? I may need to go there to get my 2014.

·
Premium Member
2,299 Posts
Way back when I bought my 2001 X some of the paperwork from the dealership had Exterra written on it.

Honestly I’m surprised the 2014 is already showing up on lots. The local dealers here didn’t get 2013’s till the end of June. If they were only going to make them for 5 months or so I’m surprised they didn’t just start making the 2014 and offering it for sale in June and skip a model year like they did with the Murano.

Anyone else remember how long it took for the 05’s to hit the lots? The Xterra usually takes longer for some reason.

·
on line
951 Posts
Our dealership has been getting a lot of 2014 Frontiers this past week but no Xterras yet. So far the '14 Frontiers have dif 16" and 18" wheels from last year...And they were not the 2014 PRo4x Xterra wheels that we saw at NXM.

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
There are a few different Fronty trims for 2014: S, SV (V4 and V6), SL, Desert Runner, and PRO-4X. Seems like the one with the 18" rims is the SL:

Which is one of two long bed crew cab variants, and also seems to be top of the line priced at $34k ($4k more than the PRO-4X). Equivalent of the old SE Xterra trim.

I gotta say, the new rims across the line are definitely refreshing to see and add a lot to the designs, which are approaching a decade old!

·
Registered
5,080 Posts
Its actually spelled Xterra

Not Exterras

Not X-Terras

Not XTerra

It's Xterra.......got it?

;)
My second car is an Infiniti. That is spelled I N F I N I T I. Anytime I am searching for parts etc., I see it spelled INFINITY. I always have to search under both spellings.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
There are a few different Fronty trims for 2014: S, SV (V4 and V6), SL, Desert Runner, and PRO-4X. Seems like the one with the 18" rims is the SL:

I gotta say, the new rims across the line are definitely refreshing to see and add a lot to the designs, which are approaching a decade old!
The current wheels only date to '09. They were updated in the refresh.

Those Frontier trim levels all sound the same as last yr.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts