Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
on line
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Nissan Xterra does a solid job of accomplishing what the weekend warrior needs from an off-roading vehicle without being too rough for weekday commutes. It's not the perfect family car, though. It stays true to its rugged looksâ??that high stance, big off-road tires, skid plates and roof rack are all functional, and the 2014...

More...

·
Registered
349 Posts
Reference the dislikes, I think I can only agree with the gas mileage one. I don't agree with the choppy ride portion as I use mine as my DD and with my back issues, I hate vehicles that I can feel everything on the road as it jars my back. I don't notice that with my X.

Hard to remark on the seats. There perform their task, with the new ones adding seat warmers to the mix for both cloth and leather. I think it would be nice if the leather had fold flat options and I am mixed on whether electronic is needed or not. But having it as an option is doable. But I never expected the Xterra to have luxury seating.

Will be interesting to see what some of the fine tuning equates to in the new model.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nonsense

The article quoted above appears to be complete nonsense! It bears a remarkable similarity to the 2013 review - word for word in some places.

The author is after click-throughs and should not be encouraged. He has no more inside information than most people on this site and probably less. The web is full of this sort of cut-and-paste drivel.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
I agree. Nissan has been very tight-lipped about any new vehicles and I doubt this little blog has any information my contact in California, or the automotive press as a whole doesn't have. Nissan is notorious among automotive journalists for their secrecy.

Nissan released this press release a bit ago outlining the 2014 lineup. It looks like the rumored Gen3 will have to wait.

From the press release:
Nissan Xterra
The adventure-ready 2014 Nissan Xterra continues to combine power, utility, value and authenticity – inspiring and facilitating outdoor enthusiasts to "attack life" wherever they go. Enhancements for 2014 include:

• New 16-inch aluminum-alloy wheel designs for the S and PRO-4X grades
  • Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone System, steering wheel audio controls and sunglass holder (overhead console) added as standard on X and S grades
  • Push-type HVAC controls added to X grade
  • Heated front cloth seats added as standard on PRO-4X
  • Heated leather front seats available on PRO-4X
  • Updated NissanConnect℠ with NissanConnect℠ Apps smartphone integration for iPhone® and Android, SiriusXM TravelLink (fuel prices, movie times, stock updates, sports scores) SiriusXM Weather and audio voice recognition
  • Upgraded audio system on X grade
  • Offered in Xterra X, Xterra S (4x4 and 4x2) and PRO-4X (4x4 only)
Available October 2013

·
Registered
349 Posts
I wondering what the differences will be between the NissanConnect on the 2013 and the 2014, and if they are favorable, whether they will be something an update will fix or what.

I also wish there was a setting or something to go back to displaying the map. If you display the map and a call comes in/you make a call, it switches to the phone screen. It remains for the duration of the call and even after the call. I don't mind it being like that during the call (though really see no reason to see who I am talking to the entire time), but at least go back to the screen you had selected prior.

Will see what happens. And a +1 for the metallic/canteen green option.

·
Registered
321 Posts
...I also wish there was a setting or something to go back to displaying the map. If you display the map and a call comes in/you make a call, it switches to the phone screen. It remains for the duration of the call and even after the call. I don't mind it being like that during the call (though really see no reason to see who I am talking to the entire time), but at least go back to the screen you had selected prior...
?? You mean the "Map" hard button doesn't work when you're making a call? (I have yet to use the Bluetooth feature.) How odd.

More generally, all this discussion and the little information that Nissan has released makes me glad I didn't wait for the new "Gen 3" 2014 Xterra. HPH

·
Registered
349 Posts
?? You mean the "Map" hard button doesn't work when you're making a call? (I have yet to use the Bluetooth feature.) How odd.

More generally, all this discussion and the little information that Nissan has released makes me glad I didn't wait for the new "Gen 3" 2014 Xterra. HPH
Yeah the button works. Moving this topic to my build so that I am not taking this off topic here.

Also glad that I didn't wait.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Though nissanusa.com does not have the X listed yet, nissanproduct.info does. It was added last week. The 2013 showed up about a month (can't remember exactly) prior to it showing up on the nissanusa.com. So I would not be expecting them ready for orders until probably the first of the year.

Once it gets closer, some of the TBD stuff will be replaced with actual information. But wanted to share that there has been some sort of movement leading me to believe the 2014 is still going to make it, though when will be in the air.

·
Registered
349 Posts
So nissanproduct.info has added pricing to the page (which was not there when I last posted). Appears to be approximately $600 increase in cost from the 2013 model.

Colors appear to be the same as the 2013 (Brilliant Silver (K23), Cayenne Red (NAH), Glacier White (QAK), Lava Red (EAF), Metallic Blue (B17), Night Armor (K26) and Super Black (KH3)).

Differences I have seen comparing specs:
- 2013 had "Black and sandblast-aluminum-color front bumper " whereas the 2014 has "Black and hyper-silver-color front bumper"

- 2014 - "Heated seats with two temperature settings provide added comfort in cold weather." (which we knew)

- 2014 NissanConnect - a lot of similar items. Differences with the newer include the ability to use radio, music and social apps (2013 only had Pandora). The newer model also has SiriusXM Travel Link®, where the 2013 only covered NavWeather for road and weather conditions, the newer model offers national and local weather forecasts, fuel prices, and local movie theater listings. It requires a subscription to Travel Link.

- 2013 has seat belt sensors in it whereas the 2014 doesn't list this at all.

- Curb Weights (automatic transmission) - 2013 rated at 4425, 2014 rated at 4418 (not sure what this means).

There is obviously not much to warrant me to swap my 2013 for the 2014. I would like to get the update to the Navigation system (as some of the things that irritate me with my current one may have been fixed). And seat warmers are welcome when I am out in cold weather areas or when my back is in a lot of pain (the heat can help). But neither warrant the cost and hassle to swap out. So will see if I can convince the dealer (in the future) to warranty swap the head units. A guy can try.... :)

Charles.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts