Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, was wondering what is that supposed to mean? As per Nissan web page for Xterra with automatic transmission, transmission cooler is just an optional feature. Does it mean, it's not really necessary? I know radiators are supposed to be different now??? and also Mattic S was replaced with Mattic J, but anything else? How did they solve hauling without it if it's only optional? Confused here :dontknow:
Correcting myself here: Mattic S replaced Mattic J of course, made mistake in my OP...

·
Registered
277 Posts
OK, was wondering what is that supposed to mean? As per Nissan web page for Xterra with automatic transmission, transmission coolant is just an optional feature. Does it mean, it's not really necessary? I know radiators are supposed to be different now??? and also Mattic S was replaced with Mattic J, but anything else? How did they solve hauling without it if it's only optional? Confused here :dontknow:
Other way around J was replaced.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
277 Posts
Jeah, sorry, coincidentally switched it when writing, was thinking right and writing wrong ;-(
No worries it happens. Just making sure a stealership didn't misinform you like mine did; they told me I had to get the S out right away because, according to them, " Nissan never switched from J, S will make you radiator crack". I laughed, walked out, and brought them the service bulletin the next day.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
OK, was wondering what is that supposed to mean? As per Nissan web page for Xterra with automatic transmission, transmission coolant is just an optional feature. Does it mean, it's not really necessary? I know radiators are supposed to be different now??? and also Mattic S was replaced with Mattic J, but anything else? How did they solve hauling without it if it's only optional? Confused here :dontknow:
Correcting myself here: Mattic S replaced Mattic J of course, made mistake in my OP...
Might wanna change the word 'coolant' (in both your title and OP) to 'cooler'.

A transmission cooler is optional.... coolant, well that would be odd. Do I need to check the box for oil and blinker fluid when building an X too?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Uhh....I have a 2013 Pro-4X, auto, and it came with a transmission cooler that wasn't listed on the sticker as an option. Could this be something specific to models sold in Canada? HPH

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Canadians get heated mirrors so why wouldnt they get other things US customers dont

Uhh....I have a 2013 Pro-4X, auto, and it came with a transmission cooler that wasn't listed on the sticker as an option. Could this be something specific to models sold in Canada? HPH

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Here in NJ there are six months of possible fog/frost where heated mirrors would help. The block heater would be nice but not necessary

Because we need heated mirrors for the half year of winter we get. Our transmissions would need a heater as an extra (like the block heaters we get), not take away a cooler.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts