Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wanting to add an amp with subwoofer to my 2013 Xterra S. I've tried searching for details of how to do this but I can't seem to find anything. Every article I've found also shows the head unit being swapped out at the same time. I may do this in the future but since my Xterra is a second vehicle, I'm going to hold off and use my phone's navigation for now. I've already swapped out the stock speakers which improves the overall sound but I need more bass to fill in the gaps.

If you have any pictures of the rear of the head unit, please send me a link. I'm trying to determine if the stock head unit has a pre-amp out on it. If so, I'm thinking I can run the necessary wiring under to the passenger seat for the amp, then a StealthBox or something similar to the back. I've found videos showing power being run from the positive battery terminal, through the firewall and under to the passenger seat. Can't find anything regarding how to hook up the head unit to the amp or if a separate power source is needed.

Thanks in advance for any assistance / insight!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts