Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Just thought I would post a pic of the 2013 S stereo. It has a 4.3 inch screen that looks pretty good. It sounds Pretty dang good too! I actually like it more than my Rf stereo in my Pro4x frontier even though I am now down a sub and a couple speakers which I can add later. It also has a USB hook up in the center console. Finally Nissan put a good stereo in the S. Before you had to go pro4x to get a good stereo? Seems strange to punish the people who do not want or need a off road package. It still is lacking Bluetooth which I can live without. Just happy to have a AUX in for my music!

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Glad to hear Nissan cheaped out on one less thing. The 11 S stereo really blew.

Just thought I would post a pic of the 2013 S stereo. It has a 4.3 inch screen that looks pretty good. It sounds Pretty dang good too! I actually like it more than my Rf stereo in my Pro4x frontier even though I am now down a sub and a couple speakers which I can add later. It also has a USB hook up in the center console. Finally Nissan put a good stereo in the S. Before you had to go pro4x to get a good stereo? Seems strange to punish the people who do not want or need a off road package. It still is lacking Bluetooth which I can live without. Just happy to have a AUX in for my music!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Exact same radio that is in my 2013 Altima SV. It has a pretty good set of functions: Does Bluetooth phone and streaming music (limited a bit), will read USB thumb drives or if you plug your phone into the USB port it will charge it and treat the phone as a drive for music, Sirius XM, backup camera, has AUX input and CD, plus AM/FM. Audio is not bad but it doesn't have the punch in the low end that my 2012 Prox RF systems has. :iconbiggrin: My 2002 Altima also has a better low end. Nothing a sub wouldn't fix!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^ My thoughts exactly! Should be able to wire up a sub to this head unit. My brother wired up a sub to his GMC sierra stock head unit will have to pick his brain. The only crappy thing is the only nice fitting sub box is like 699. Will have to get one custom made that will fit without taking up the rear cargo area.

·
Registered
1 Posts
does anyone know if this has preamp out for an amplifier? (sub or otherwise)

i like the look of it, but in my ears either it or the factory speakers sound kind of dull. maybe it's the stock tweeters, which would be an easy fix

·
Registered
2 Posts
I picked up one of these stereos off ebay and tried installing it in my 2012 Xterra. The wiring harnesses all fit just fine but it doesn't work quite right and i cant figure out why. The stereo comes on, and functions perfectly except there's virtually no volume. I'll turn it up all the way and faintly hear the speakers but that's it. Anyone know why this might be?

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Good chance that stereo has an external amplifier when you get it from the factory. Will the original poser see if he has an amp under one of the seats? If so the ebay purchase will likely need one as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts