Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I recently sold my 2001 SE and thought I could live without my X, but now I find myself in the market again.

I started looking for a 2011 or 2012 Pro-4X Auto, but was curious if anyone recently picked up a 2013 on closeout and what you paid.

Also if you recently picked up a 2011 or 2012 used, how many miles were on it and what did you pay? I'm hoping to find some real world recent numbers to use as a base for negotiating when the time comes. I've already used KBB, Edmunds and ClearBook to pull some trade in numbers since I assume they are close to what auction wholesale prices and might be and a placed to start the negotiations.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi. Just picked up a 2010 (I know its not 2011 or 2012) but figured it was a good deal. 2010 SE 4x4 with 39k miles, one owner and had a trade in that had a 6350 loan remaining. Paid 17390 otd. Hope that gives you a better idea.

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
I like my Xterra but just cannot see paying over $22K for one considering the amount of plastic in the interior and lack of features. I'd like to see a more refined interior with rear a/c vents, and a suspension that doesn't bottom out with people in the backseat. Then we can discuss getting near the 30K mark.

·
Registered
762 Posts
My brother in law just picked up a 2010 Off Road with 20K on the odometer for 22K. Best price I have seen in a while here in CO. These things have a premium out here.

·
Registered
72 Posts
2012 Pro-4x in perfect shape with 33K for $20K. Plastic interior is a pleasure for desert and harsh environments, beats leather, fabric in any LC. Easy to clean, always looks good, better than ripped interior. Simple is better in an offroad vehicle.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Damn paid 32k in mid 2013 for my 2012 pro4x but then hawaii always has high price mark up. I had 20k left on a 2010 CC pro4x frontier and they gave me 30.5k for trade in if i buy the X and i was expecting 1 more kid. Love it just hate having no bed and bottom out rears. But love the wheel base and approach angles.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
2012 Pro-4x in perfect shape with 33K for $20K. Plastic interior is a pleasure for desert and harsh environments, beats leather, fabric in any LC. Easy to clean, always looks good, better than ripped interior. Simple is better in an offroad vehicle.
sorry i gotta disagree. everything slides around the interior; scuffs and scratches very easily. my '98 4runner looked like new even after hundreds of camping trips of it being jammed with gear.

·
Registered
395 Posts
The lack of refinement is what attracted me to the X. I liked that it scrapped the unnecessary bells and whistles and kept the price low. Had they gotten it to the 30k mark, I wouldn't have one, couldn't have afforded it. I don't mind the plastic in the back, it's easy to clean, my dog hates it though.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Payed 14,500 for my 08' S with 70K, lift, light bar and 3 year bumper to bumper. Mint shape in and out

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for all the replies! After searching for a month and a half for a good deal, I picked up a 2013 Pro-4x auto with 7200 miles for $23,500 + fees. Killer deal I thought. Since the price was so low compared to what I was seeing elsewhere I did have an independent shop give it an inspection and they couldn't find anything wrong with it.

Funny thing was I had just found a 2012 Pro-4x auto with 28,000 miles lined up in a nearby town that I was planning on picking up this weekend. I got them down to $21,200 plus fees, then this 2013 shows up.

If anyone in AZ is looking for a 2012, I think they still have it available.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts