Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a used 2013 Pro-4x. Any time that I attempt to use the map function or the voice commands and some other functions on the head unit, I get a message on the screen that no SD card is in the unit and that I should insert it. The card is in the system.
I've ejected it and reinserted it and then I get presented with a screen that shows the currently installed version, something like 2012-10-12, if I recall. Then it shows the version that's on the SD card is 0000-00-00.
My options are to Cancel or Upgrade(which is greyed out and cannot be selected).

I've taken canned air the the slot and the card. The card does not look like it has any problems with the contacts.

After unsuccessfully ejecting and reinserting the card many times over, and issuing a factory reset on the head, nothing get me past this error.

I took the card and put it into a card reader in my PC and I see a folder in the root of the card called 'cryptnav', with several sub directories and files.

I starting to wonder if there isn't some file corruption on the SD card that the head unit can't read. I plan on swinging by the dealer to see what they can do, but was curious of anyone else has run into this. I'd be interested in getting a ZIPped up copy of someone else's SD card to compare it to mine. :iconbiggrin:

·
on line
2,362 Posts
Are you out of warranty already?
Take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I plan on stopping by the dealer this week. I was just curious if anyone else had run into this?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Took it to the dealer and they tried other SD cards in my unit and my SD card in their unit. Their SD card didn't work in mine. Mine worked in theirs.

They are ordering a replacement unit to be covered under warranty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts