Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nissan North America, Inc. (Nissan) is recalling certain model year 2012 through 2014 Frontier vehicles manufactured from November 28, 2012, through December 17, 2013. In the affected vehicles, a circuit breaker may have been installed incorrectly causing the main wire harness connected to the circuit breaker to face outward, potentially contacting a metal bolt located on the A-pillar.
http://truckyeah.jalopnik.com/nissan-frontiers-recalled-over-circuits-installed-backw-1529740711

Looks like more quality issues stemming from the green assembly crew in MS. 2013-14 X owners, might want to give yours a check too - check your door sticker and VIN for date of manufacture.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I like how the article insinuates vinyl (electrical) tape as part of the repair is inadequate. Would it make them feel better if it was being repaired with something exotic, like titanium? Sorry guys, titanium conducts electricity- vinyl tape doesn't.

I just love journalists and their sarcasm.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Still, kudos to Nissan for issuing the recall. It wasn't too long ago that Toyota would have swept a similar issue under the rug.

·
Registered
102 Posts
My X is a 2012 model but actually built in March of 2013. Would mine have been built in MS?

·
on line
685 Posts
Still, kudos to Nissan for issuing the recall. It wasn't too long ago that Toyota would have swept a similar issue under the rug.
Agreed, Kudos to nissan. But likely because it's nearly a cost-less fix, now for unavoidable (for most consumors) failing timing chain tensioners and radiators destroying transmissions, they still have yet to recall.

They recalled the IPDM relay replacement with no frets, another less than $5 recall repair.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
^This is a good point. When I found out how cheap the IPDM relay was, I just bought one and replaced it myself.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Agreed, Kudos to nissan. But likely because it's nearly a cost-less fix, now for unavoidable (for most consumors) failing timing chain tensioners and radiators destroying transmissions, they still have yet to recall.

They recalled the IPDM relay replacement with no frets, another less than $5 recall repair.

Spot on

1 - 8 of 8 Posts