Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted new headlight bulbs for my 2012 Xterra Pro-4x due to miserable high beam weak lighting that has been mentioned in numerous threads. Read the existing threads and from that ordered:

Philips X-treme Power 9007XPS2 from Amazon. Amazon website verified that these should in fact fit my 2012 Xterra. Is there a difference between 2012 Xterra and Pro-4x model?

Received new bulbs, but it does not appear that they are really a match and it is not clear to me how to remove existing bulbs without possibly destroying female coupling that wiring appears to be an integral part of.

Would appreciate how I might have ordered incorrectly and also any input on how to remove existing female part which wires appear to mount to from bulb itself which appears to have the male prongs attached.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
You have to press the little release tab before the connector will unplug. The tabs are directly on top of the female connectors. It kinda feel like a button. Squeeze and pull.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
340 Posts
Yup, they're designed as such to decrease the possibility of vibrations
loosening the connection.

285 Posts
Enjoy the Philips Xtreme Power bulbs. I have a set in my Paseo. Great bulb!

I want to try the newer Xtreme Vision bulbs next...

·
Registered
341 Posts
How much better are these bulbs? somehow I must have missed the previous threads..

I normally drive with low beams and fog lights at night because they are almost as good as the highs. :-(

b

·
Premium Member
2,299 Posts
You put Pro 4X lights in the title, are you trying to replace the roof lights or the headlights?

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
I am very interested in seeing how this is done.
You can do it two ways:

1.) Cut the stock foglight wiring in the EPDM box, then run a relay and have it powered off something from the ignition. This way they're ALWAYS on as long as the key is turned to "ON." (This is how I had my Frontier wired, as I wanted the fogs to act as DRL's.)

2.) You get a fuse jumper, and you jump the foglight fuse to the parking light fuse as seen here:
http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f23/fog-light-pass-2991/

·
Registered
1 Posts
You can do it two ways:

1.) Cut the stock foglight wiring in the EPDM box, then run a relay and have it powered off something from the ignition. This way they're ALWAYS on as long as the key is turned to "ON." (This is how I had my Frontier wired, as I wanted the fogs to act as DRL's.)

2.) You get a fuse jumper, and you jump the foglight fuse to the parking light fuse as seen here:
http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f23/fog-light-pass-2991/
Is there any harm in doing mod #2? I thought I recall reading somewhere that, in time, it could do some damage.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts