Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a 2012 Pathfinder LE model of the last generation at its got a low sick mileage count of 16,000km or 9940 miles... its going for about $36,000.00, Fully loaded and this truck brand new, we all know nis over $45,000.00.

I got two kids and not much off road terrain around me..I love my Xterra it just seems now that its time to move along...

·
on line
1,446 Posts
We are looking at a Pathfinder as well, but as our second vehicle. We have 2 kids, but they are getting to an age where they will soon want to take friends & 5 seats won't cut it. Pathfinder is a great option to a freakin' minivan. Plus with a lot of similarities to the X, it will be familiar to work on ;)

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
LOL..guys..I have teh minivan..hehehe Picked up a 2012 Dodge Caravan..(mentioned in a previous thread ot two)..The ONLY nice thing as far as the build goes..is sliding doors..my boys are 2 and 3..so cars seats and hands are always full going in and coming out..it's a life saver for my wife. I got a great deal on a Crew model: GPS, full electric seats, heated too, and heated steering wheel-interior lighting, some great stuff.. great interior I have to say...The van was a no brainer..(but of course I looked at other stuff before..like the Cherokee Jeep...man that's $$ after the taxes and interest rates added up..came to $60 big ones after a 6 year term..forget it about it)

She had my 2002 Xterra ScSE up until I sold it and got this van..The SC was a killer on gas..I mean pathetic..and it was getting up there in age.. I babied it..but it was time for it to go... So ya we had two X's in the driveway...

I don't know...I don't want car two car payments.. I thought of getting rid of the van as well..Keeping one awesome SUV (Pathy) and getting a beater for my trek to work. Work supplies us with free pass for public transport..basically one train ride right to my work door.

In any case.. I haven't seen the Pathy yet in person.. Maybe if I drive it and find it to be just like an X but longer.. maybe the itch will go away... ya right..

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We just bough a Pathfinder. If you can find one with the V8, get it. The extra power is awesome and the mileage is really no different. We average about 17 around town and 21-22 on the highway. It's 4wd too.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Ya..I would love a V8..but those are very hard to find...at least around here..I never really even saw many on the road since they had come out...

·
on line
515 Posts
We have a Pathfinder and the X.

The Pathfinder is the family vehicle (5 kids) and actually gets better mileage than the X (most probably that we have the base "S" with 245/75R16 tires). The ride is more comfortable.

It is really nice to have two vehicles that use the same brake parts, oil filters, plugs, etc.

We are not mini-van people. And the kids get in and out of the X just as fast as any van I've ever seen. In Erie, PA you need an SUV for handling the snow. Once you get south of I-90 ground clearance over unplowed snow becomes an issue that would stop any van in its tracks.

I'd pull the trigger on that 2012. You still have 90% of the fun of the X and take care of your fatherly duties as well.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We have a Pathfinder and the X.

The Pathfinder is the family vehicle (5 kids) and actually gets better mileage than the X (most probably that we have the base "S" with 245/75R16 tires). The ride is more comfortable.

It is really nice to have two vehicles that use the same brake parts, oil filters, plugs, etc.

We are not mini-van people. And the kids get in and out of the X just as fast as any van I've ever seen. In Erie, PA you need an SUV for handling the snow. Once you get south of I-90 ground clearance over unplowed snow becomes an issue that would stop any van in its tracks.

I'd pull the trigger on that 2012. You still have 90% of the fun of the X and take care of your fatherly duties as well.
Dam..it got sold weeks ago..they didn't know how to pull the ad off the site....I'm not surprised it sold so fast..ya..I'm pissed.. not many of these around with that low mileage...

·
Registered
349 Posts
When my wife was looking at getting rid of her Commander, I was trying to convince her to get a Pathfinder for the family vehicle. But she wanted a van and since she can't stand the look of the Nissan van, she went with the Town & Country. Would have liked the 2012 Pathfinder - but it was her vehicle. No complaints as long as I get my vehicle. :)

·
Registered
534 Posts
Thats what I would get If I had kids. Still the same look of the xterra with a little less ummph and morefamily supportive. If it were I I'd still do like a 1" lift, 1 size up on tires, basic led 4" lights in the grille, and a good roof rack! hoo ra for the outdoors!!

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
Personally if I needed a bigger SUV I'd step up to an Armada or Sequoia. The pathfinder seems to have the same size backseat as an Xterra and the 3rd row isn't all the usable.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Funny that in our family X is our family vehicle :) I guess we will be fine with her like that for pretty long time. 2 kids and a dog and she still gives us plenty of space. But if I should ever go with anything bigger, I would also take Pathfinder with V8. It's maybe this area or whole Canada?? but Armadas are too expensive from what I have seen around...

·
Registered
39 Posts
We had a Pathfinder as a family car and hated it. The 3rd row is useless and the second row barely fits a baby bucket. Once my daughter started sitting forward in the rear passenger side seat we had to have the front seat pushed nearly all the way forward in order for her to have any leg room. We replaced it with a 2012 Highlander and love it. Way more room all around, better on-road manners and gas mileage, easier for the family to get in and out of and still not a mini-van. Couldn't be happier with it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Dam..it got sold weeks ago..they didn't know how to pull the ad off the site....I'm not surprised it sold so fast..ya..I'm pissed.. not many of these around with that low mileage...
was it posted on kijiji? i think i called about the same one lol
I also missed that f150 Raptor that was posted last week. it was a 2011 for like 30k$

·
Registered
28 Posts
My wife and I just bought a '13 Nissan Quest (which is how I inherited the X) if any of you want my man card for saying this I'll give it to you, but that thing is awesome, as far as a family vehicle goes, ride is exceptional, great gas mileage 18.5 in town, plenty of room so the kids don't pick on each other as much and I can put on a movie and they don't say another word for the rest of the trip! All in all it was a WIN WIN situation for me.

·
on line
515 Posts
My wife and I just bought a '13 Nissan Quest (which is how I inherited the X) if any of you want my man card for saying this I'll give it to you, but that thing is awesome, as far as a family vehicle goes, ride is exceptional, great gas mileage 18.5 in town, plenty of room so the kids don't pick on each other as much and I can put on a movie and they don't say another word for the rest of the trip! All in all it was a WIN WIN situation for me.
Love the avatar, I've got that on the back of my X bumper!

We did look at the Quest. But you don't have the 2 ft. of snow in an afternoon problem like we have up here.

·
on line
443 Posts
I just sold the X and got a Path. Im happy but miss the X.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I have both and love the Pathy SE-V8 2WD. My wifes Pathy actually gets better MPG than my X. The ride is so much smoother also. Hers has everything except GPS and Bluetooth.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
I have both and love the Pathy SE-V8 2WD. My wifes Pathy actually gets better MPG than my X. The ride is so much smoother also. Hers has everything except GPS and Bluetooth.
Probably because its 2wd and depends on how you drive it. That's good to hear though. I'd imagine that those get up and go.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts