Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The 2013 brochure shows that the "S" gets Bluetooth, but the website and perhaps another source says it comes on Pro-4X only.

Which is correct? Does the "S" have Bluetooth Hands-Free Phone System" or not? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
If its the same BT module used in the 12, the phone bluetooth works ok. I don't think it works with siri on iPhone though (has its own voice command system)

The mic (if still left in the celling) makes you sound like your in a wind tunnle on the other side of the phone though.

Maybe some of the '13 guys (< 3 of you i think) can chime in here

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If its the same BT module used in the 12, the phone bluetooth works ok. I don't think it works with siri on iPhone though (has its own voice command system)

The mic (if still left in the celling) makes you sound like your in a wind tunnle on the other side of the phone though.

Maybe some of the '13 guys (< 3 of you i think) can chime in here
That's helpful. Siry isn't necessary. I just want my wife to be able to go hands free on her iPhone 4. Good to know that it's even possible on MY12, as I prefer used anyway. I'll change the thread title to include MY12.

Could possibly be an option on the S trim this year?
I studied the brochure. As it reads, Bluetooth is included on every MY13 with "S" trim...or not, if the website is correct.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, Reese. Nice to know that it works.

Now I just need to know if it's actually included with the "S" trim. I even have NNA stumped...they've elevated it to level two consumer affairs!

·
Registered
527 Posts
Actually, as I read it, it does NOT. "For the off road enthusiast"... it then mentions BT.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
349 Posts
The one site I use for comparisons is:

https://www.nissanproduct.info/public.php

Here it says it does not as well. I cannot tell you, as I didn't look at anything but the Pro-4x, which does come with it. The bluetooth is tied to the head unit so a lot of commands are from the voice recognition or selecting from menus. With the bluetooth, you also have the bluetooth streaming from mobile devices, which is nice. But again, this is the Pro-4x.

I had thought the S did have it - but couldn't find anything to help provide an answer to you. I know there have been other non-Pro-4x 2013s, so maybe they will be able to provide a bit more information.. But right now, doesn't look good.

Good luck!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I saw that the 4X has a whole 'nuther entertainment system, so it would make sense that BT is tied into that.

Looks like the best stuff you still get with the "S" above "X" is alloy wheels, power mirrors and cabin air filter. Wifee would like the visor mirrors and USB-in for iPod, which looks like just a mini plug "AUX-IN," rather than the "flat" USB you see on your computer...

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have the 2012 SV model with BT. It is useless, constantly disconnects or says it is connected and i can't hear anything. I have a galaxy note 2.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Not sure what functional differences there are with the USB on the S and the Pro-4x, but I use mine for both charging and for music storage (thumb drive). In the future I will be adding Navigation POIs but haven't tried it yet. Supposedly, there is iPhone integration with the USB but I use a Galaxy Note 2 so can't vouch for that part.

I have used the different Bluetooth setups on the 2010 Offroad and now the 2013 Pro-4x, and there are something's I wished they carry over. Most notably, the ability to select connected devices from the steering wheel/voice. Old system allowed you to record a name for your devices and then call them up verbally. The new system you must do from the menus, which can be distracting. Only know this as my wife's phone was picked instead of mine the other day and I had to switch it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
It does NOT have Bluetooth or audio controls on steering wheel. Talked a customer out of buying a jeep monday and convened him to get an xterra. he got a 13 xterra S with value package. Just came in yesterday. No bt.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 13 of 13 Posts