Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts
Had the order I placed for my HC bumper on late 09/02/2019 evening and what do you know? Mid day on 10/3 it was at the terminal for pickup. I installed along with a HF Badland Winch along with some factory style fog lights.

I was very surprised when a very good deal popped up on Instagram and I was able to purchase one of Dave's bumpers for a heck of a deal -- I was very hesitant at first due to some financial concerns we recently had, however, my wife talked me into pulling the trigger with this.

Now that AG allowed us to, I edited the links and list above so that is as accurate and I can see just how much of a money pit things great hobby of ours is. Couldn't be happier.

View attachment 123547
View attachment 123548
Heh I live in Pahrump. I go to wheeler all the time.

Discussion starter · #27 · (Edited)
This could work :ROFLMAO:
Okay, so I never really "tested" the suspension loaded down until this past weekend. I blew the front shocks, badly, on a gravel road by doing 45mph. My dad in his XJ was able to do 65-70mph all day long on it, but I felt like I was going to absolutely flip at 45, I realized I have absolutely no suspension.

Enter Greg and PRG Products. I spoke with Greg today, he talked me into basically his advanced coilover kit, but with his custom PRG aluminum 2.0 shocks set to 3 inches on 700lb springs.

Should be here in the next couple of weeks.

Okay, so I never really "tested" the suspension loaded down until this past weekend. I blew the front shocks, badly, on a gravel road by doing 45mpg. My dad in his XJ was able to do 65-70mph all day long on it, but I felt like I was going to absolutely flip at 45, I realized I have absolutely no suspension.

Enter Greg and PRG Products. I spoke with Greg today, he talked me into basically his advanced coilover kit, but with his custom PRG aluminum 2.0 shocks set to 3 inches on 700lb springs.

Should be here in the next couple of weeks.
Looking forward to your feedback on that front suspension upon install.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Discussion starter · #29 ·
Got antsy awaiting my suspension goodies tomorrow.

Upgraded the lighting from the Auxbeam 20” to a pair of Baja Designs Squadron Driving combo paired with Dave’s brackets.
I think something is off with my hood as the clearances are off on both sides. I’ll do some bending tomorrow as the sun was setting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Discussion starter · #30 ·
Installed a Volant CAI alongside a Bully Dog 40417 today. So far I like the increased engine noise (really reminds me of my stock G35 when under a heavy load) and the monitoring on the Bully Dog. It says I'm now getting 17mpg on the high performance tune, adjusted for my 33's, while driving around town on surface streets tonight. I doubt that the MPGs are super accurate, but time will tell if these results are real or not.

My Magnaflow 12580 Muffler is in the UPS system. I'm hoping I'll have that in this week so my muffler shop can install it along with Y-Pipe delete. I've been bit by the mod bug again guys.

Discussion starter · #33 ·
How do you like the bajas? Are they worth the premium?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Worth it? I’ve had cheap Amazon and eBay lights, the build quality is better and the connectors are a lot nicer and easier for install.
If you can afford it, do it, otherwise when you’re out and about some auxiliary lighting is better than none. I loved my auxbeam 20”, but it just looked silly once I got my front bumper.

Discussion starter · #37 ·
Have you noticed a performance bump with the muffler?
Within a few days of each other, I installed a bully dog on a 91 tune with advanced timing, volant CAI and the muffler. I drove up to Lovell Canyon and back a few times this past weekend and averaged 18mpg on 80% highway, I used to get 16 highway. It could just be an anomaly, but I hope it stays for the sake of range when wheeling. What I can really tell you is that it makes a lot more noise, but isn’t quite obnoxious ricer level.

Looks really nice ! Well done and thank you so much for linking the mods (y)(y)

I am following the same track with my X base model 2012 SuperBlack , did you find the mirror mod hard to do ?

Discussion starter · #40 ·
Looks really nice ! Well done and thank you so much for linking the mods (y)(y)

I am following the same track with my X base model 2012 SuperBlack , did you find the mirror mod hard to do ?
Hey buddy, sorry I missed your post from 23 days ago. You're welcome for the hyperlinks, always glad to help you spend your hard earned cash.

The mirror mod was pretty straight forward. Just don't route the wires where the windows rolls down like I kept doing and then scratching my head as to how the wires kept breaking. :ROFLMAO:

21 - 40 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.