Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I have an opportunity to purchase a NISSAN Factory (OEM) ROCKFORD Fosgate Radio, MP3, and 6 CD Player to replace my cheapie stock radio. Will this Fosgate radio fit and work? Will the wiring harness match up?

I'm hearing conflicting things from non X owners. What do you think?

Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
64 Posts
The head unit itself is not going to do much over stock, as you will still have the crappy stock speakers...

·
Registered
25 Posts
The RF headunit requires a separate amplifier. Without this, you're looking at some very soft music. The wiring harnesses do NOT match up, you'll need to either cut/splice your existing harness or buy metra reverse harness 71-7550 and harness 70-7550 and splice them accordingly.

More info here: http://www.thenewx.org/forum/showthread.php?t=53026

As far as the speaker quality, the stock speakers are actually pretty nice. they sound a lot nicer than most lower end units from Sony/Pioneer/Kenwood etc. If you're a hardcore audiophile, ditch the car and built yourself a sound studio with some of these. Otherwise, replacing the in-dash tweeters (too tinny) and (big maybe) adding a sub should cure most in-car listening itches.

PM me or NutsGoWEEE for more info. Also, if you want the external audio in to work, Nuts sells the requisite wiring for $20 and you'll want either this plug (audio only), or this plug (audio + USB charge, but you'll need to do some cut/splice/soldier and put in a power source to get it to work).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts