Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a very loose audio input jack (the input jack on the dash itself) for my iPod. I use a monster cord and The sound cuts in and out and from left to right in the truck. Completely annoying. I believe there was a dealer installed option of a direct Ipod interface cable for the Rockford Fosgate System? Correct? Does anyone know how hard it would be to have my local Nissan dealer install that cable? If its an extremely expensive install for a cable I will just figure out something else or get a new head unit but I would love to simply have the Nissan Direct Ipod interface cable installed directly into the RF head unit so I dont have to worry about the input jack any longer. Any advice or help? Thank you.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
There might be someone here that has upgraded and has the cable laying around. I will be upgrading my factory RF in a couple months, so if you're still looking for one then I could send it your way.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
IIRC, the Ipod cable was one of the few options on the Pro4-X. It may not be there. I tried to get them to take it out of mine because I don't own an Ipod and never will.

But as Snowtrout said, if it is there, it's in the top glove box.

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
Somthing to note here....snowtrout has a 2012 and Mattyb13 has a 2011.

Maybe you can add one (would have to ask your dealer how much they charge) but I don't know.
true, but even the 11's I had looked at had them. I guess they could have been dealer installed. What about those of you with an 11, does yours have it?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the help all... Few updates on this. Any more help is greatly appreciated.
1. I know exactly where my TOP GLOVEBOX is. Seriously?!
2. I spoke with the dealer this morning. $430.00 installed parts and labor. NUTS! No way, would rather just get a new head unit.
3. Hidden behind the dash is an option and interesting idea. I will check.
4. I test drove a 6 speed Pro4X that def had it before deciding on the automatic. I believe it was a D.I.O that was never installed on my particular vehicle. Crap.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Checked/update,
Nothing hiding behind EITHER glove box. Curious, has anyone dealt with this option? Is it just a cord or is there a module that is involved as well. I can get my had all the way up to the back of the stereo. If it is just a cord that plugs into the back of the RF head unit I have to believe I could do this or it could be done cheaper than $430.00...
Thanks for the help.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts