Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the xterra but not new to the off-road scene . Trying out a couple different forums to see where I fit the best .
No huge future plans for it just a little lift a little more tire and a winch ( pnw has a lot of down trees to remove in the spring ) . More of just a day tripper and backroad explorer these days but hope to share some of our travels with the community.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As with any used rig with plastic headlights they where foggy , a quick polish and they look good enough for my taste

. this thing needed a clutch . Part of the reason I got a good deal on it is the clutch was hammered it worked for another 2 weeks and a couple drives but I went to backup into my driveway and it gave me more rpm than movement soooo time to get dirty . I am fairly certain the previous owner had never taken this thing off-road because it had the cleanest undercarriage I had ever seen . I will admit not the easiest clutch I’ve ever put in plus being squeezed into my tiny garage it was a hassle .

·
TNX Administrator
20,186 Posts
Moved to this Forum, as it didn't meet posting requirements where it was originally posted.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haven’t done a whole lot to it just been enjoying it getting out to see some fall colors .

·
Registered
75 Posts
Welcome! Same exact X I have, ‘11 Pro4X in silver, except I have auto instead of manual. Love my truck. Named her Falcon since I bought her on 5/4/17. May the 4th, official star wars day lol. But glad I have you and good job on clutch repair!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have these LED lights laying around forever and finally found a good use for them, Because I’m lazy I just tapped of them Into the roof lights.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well that escalated quickly, can’t pass up on a good tire deal so I’ve got a lot of trimming to do to make them fit .

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welded flat bar inside the fender and some tabs to hold the liner in . Got one side all stretched out and in place .

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wish I would’ve realize this on the other side I can just weld in some angle iron to hold the liner up and the liner pushes perfectly against the fender to reinforce it enough for my use it

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Initial impressions of the Dick Cepek Trail Country EXP 315/75-R16
For being a aggressive AT these things are quiet , small amount of road noise but no annoying droning or MT type whomp whomp whomp noise .
Turning seems no different and with the light tire and wheel combo acceleration seems almost the same , I can still accelerate from 55 in 6th with no issues and driving up the hill to my house is still effortless in 3rd .
It hopefully might snow and freezing rain tonight so I can hopefully give a update on that .

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Got out and played in the snow after a little wine tasting with the fiancé , thought 16 psi would be low enough but tires seem happier at 12 in the snow , got hung up in a 4foot snow drift but thankfully a sas yoda came by and broke trail for us .

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Mpg update , with driving 75 or so and a couple hours of driving in the snow my mileage has dropped to 16 mpg .

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
danm dude! got aggressive with the trimming!

good work though, what size are those tires? 34's? 35S?

·
Pro4X CA Rambler
32 Posts
I'm deciding between DC Fun Country or DC Trail Country. My last set are Fun Country and very impressed. Trail Country quiet? Even after a few 10k miles? And good traction on wet road? I'm sure they're great in the rough.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts