Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 PRO4X----If I raise the front 2" with new bilstein 5100 adjustable struts and the rear with new heavy duty leafsprings, AND use 1 1/2 wheel spacers will the 285s fit easily without the melt mod?

Thanks!
Kevin in NH

·
Registered
125 Posts
I did exactly that without the spacers, bought the harbor freight heat gun anticipating the melt mod, but haven't used it. I've driven mild to moderate trails in Moab, always check the wells for rubbing (easy to see in that lovely red dirt!) and nothing so far. YMMV

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
TNX Administrator
19,668 Posts
Answers are here;

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I don't see anything in the FAQ that specifically matches the OP's question, i.e. 33's plus wheel spacers.

33's are no problem with melt mod. It's adding in the 1.5" wheels spacers that usually necessitates trimming. See here:

·
TNX Veteran
3,694 Posts
33s and 1.5 inch spacers DEFINITELY require melt mod. Unless your alignment is done in a very specific way (tons of caster) it will also require a very small amount of metal fender adjustment if you want to ensure no rubbing at any point/flex. This is regardless of lift height unless you have a body lift.

See my thread and you will find lots of examples: https://www.thenewx.org/threads/how-to-easy-fender-trim-for-33s-wheel-spacers.266090/

·
Registered
28 Posts
I ran KO2 285/75/16s with a 2” lift and 1.5” wheel spacers. Melt mod required, but no fender trimming required in my case.

Do to loss of power I downsized to 275/70/16s, so if you wheel it off-road, also consider re-gearing if you really want 285s.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts