Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Between picking out a new rig for the fiancé , getting some sort of flu and just General life stuff I feel like it’s been months sense I’ve been out exploring . But I did get the fog lights remounted and the bumper painted put the rear add a leafs in and put a 1/4 spacer in the front so there’s a couple more thing to check of the View attachment 125387 before it goes up for sale to do list .
Love the bumper cut! did you do that ? any comments on the job?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
your selling it? why put all this work in to sell it?!?
wasn’t really planning on selling it quite yet so I’m still in the middle of a couple little projects on it but the fiancé other car still has some negative equity into it from a bad car choice she made years ago ( sometimes special edition cars aren’t so special or worth it )so when we sell it we will have to cover that cost and don’t want to pull any money out of savings to do it . So if anybody is looking for a manual trans xterra or forester send them my way .

·
TNX Senior Member
542 Posts
The bumper cut looks really clean. I like where you put the fog lights after the cut. I hope you don’t have to sell the Xterra but life happens. It’s nice to see someone try something outside the box here and have such good results. Good luck going forward.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
The bumper cut looks really clean. I like where you put the fog lights after the cut. I hope you don’t have to sell the Xterra but life happens. It’s nice to see someone try something outside the box here and have such good results. Good luck going forward.
ya I tend to live outside the box lol should have seen my last project a 73 cj5 that I made a small truck bed and had it all on Toyota drivetrain (air lockers , duel cases , twin sticks ect ect )

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
So silly question , we are still playing around with numbers and funds seeing what other options we can come up with that doesn’t involve selling the xterra because I really love this thing but ......
If I do end up selling it what do you guys think would be a fair price for it?
Pro 4x manual trans
New clutch and plugs
New shocks and struts
Pnw rig does no rust

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Went out for the afternoon to find some snow and hang out with the fiancé. Wonderfully beautiful day with mostly blue sky’s and about 8” of fresh powder on top of about 2’ of old crappy snow. Day was mostly uneventful untill I found a soft spot in the snow and sunk down to the frame leaving me a bit highcentered but with a bit of shoveling and airing down ( I was being lazy and didn’t want to air back up ) we turned around and on our way back home to do normal life adulting stuff .
CC3E8F10-766C-427F-BF02-20726D9BD9B0.jpeg

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Went out for the afternoon to find some snow and hang out with the fiancé. Wonderfully beautiful day with mostly blue sky’s and about 8” of fresh powder on top of about 2’ of old crappy snow. Day was mostly uneventful untill I found a soft spot in the snow and sunk down to the frame leaving me a bit highcentered but with a bit of shoveling and airing down ( I was being lazy and didn’t want to air back up ) we turned around and on our way back home to do normal life adulting stuff . View attachment 125804

the third photo: Good thing you chopped that bumper off!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Ya before the trim the snow would pile up in front of the bumper creating a big wall that had to be pushed along

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Some terrible welding ( my townhouse garage 1 outlet doesn’t like the welder ) but it’s together and sturdy and the liner looks much better now

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Another great part about living in the PNW , no rust on bolts . Replaced the struts so I put a set of adjustable lower control arm bolts in . Took about 5 more min a side , nice when things just come apart nice and easy with no big hammer needed .

·
TNX Veteran
4,094 Posts
I know you sold your X but thanks for giving these tires a shot. There are very few real world reviews. I like that they are 7-8 lbs lighter than other 35s. I'm hoping I can get a Load Range D version and have a compliant ride and maybe increase my mpg by 1 or 2. They look more aggressive in your pics than they do in the stock images on Dick Cepek's website, as well.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
I know you sold your X but thanks for giving these tires a shot. There are very few real world reviews. I like that they are 7-8 lbs lighter than other 35s. I'm hoping I can get a Load Range D version and have a compliant ride and maybe increase my mpg by 1 or 2. They look more aggressive in your pics than they do in the stock images on Dick Cepek's website, as well.
both those and the xtreme country are are a lot more aggressive looking in person than the pics lead on but still not overly aggressive . Because my new ride has 17”S on it I will be going with the Kenda klever rt in a 35x10.50r17 save so much time not having to squeeze a wide tire in

·
TNX Veteran
4,094 Posts
both those and the xtreme country are are a lot more aggressive looking in person than the pics lead on but still not overly aggressive . Because my new ride has 17”S on it I will be going with the Kenda klever rt in a 35x10.50r17 save so much time not having to squeeze a wide tire in
Haha honestly that's pretty funny... you and me must think the same. That tire is also on my short list simply because it seems to be the only 35" tire that comes in that 10.5 width aside from Super Swampers. For the same reason... thought a skinnier tire might help with MPG. The sidewall on the Kenda's look cool but I'm not sold on how the skinny would look yet on a Titan swapped rig. I need more examples!

·
Registered
177 Posts
I know you sold the xterra.. but do you recall what the specs on the wheels were? or does anyone know?

61 - 80 of 80 Posts