Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Black X 4x4
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! May I ask what hell must I go through to replace my 2009 Xterra X key? I lost one today and only have one left. I still have both fobs but the plastic on one key broke and the key is no where to be found. Thank you.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Go to a lock smith, have a new key cut and programmed.

·
Registered
2009 Black X 4x4
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both. How much should i expect a locksmith to charge for that?

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
It's been several years since I had my own key cut and programmed, but I'm fairly confident the price was around $60 total.

·
Registered
Midnight Blue 2007 X
752 Posts
At the place where I went girl charged me $75 for one key but then she gave me discount for a 2nd key.. for $40... so.. it all depends.. 🤷‍♀️

·
Registered
2009 Black X 4x4
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay. The dealer just quoted $51 for the key and $140 for programming. So.... that’s not happening. Anyone have any experience with Simple Key? Or anything similar? Thank you!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Okay. The dealer just quoted $51 for the key and $140 for programming. So.... that’s not happening. Anyone have any experience with Simple Key? Or anything similar? Thank you!

That program will do it. I have it but have not tried the key programmer. It erases all known keys so you have to reprogram all of them at once. That would make me a little nervous.

·
Registered
Midnight Blue 2007 X
752 Posts
wow !! im glad I didn't go to dealer...
like I said it cost me 75 for one key to be programed and 40 for 2nd key lol

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Call your local locksmith.
Mine will cut and program keys along with remotes.

Reactions: Sturmvoik

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have 3 of these keys. Bought from eBay for about $20/each. I took them to a local locksmith that does Auto programming. They charged me $60 for the first key and $40 for the second. It took him all of 10 minutes to cut them, program the immobilizer chip and the remotes. They work great and reduce my keychain size.

Material property Font Technology Electronic device Composite material

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Sweet upgrade.

·
Registered
2009 Black X 4x4
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you all for the info. I actually find the key lodged under the seat back but I will be still getting a new key made as a spare. Thank you!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts