Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so I have a 2009 with the RF system. I'm upgrading to a Pioneer DMH-1500NEX head unit but it looks like none of the wiring adapters I bought are correct.

I did some research* before purchasing the wiring adapters, and ended up with:
Metra 70-7553 Harness (for select Nissan vehicles with premium sound)
Metra 40-N12 Antenna adapter

*information came from Crutchfield and these forums

Well neither adapter is going to work.

Here's the 2 adapters:

Here's the vehicle harness:

And the rear of the factory radio:

So clearly the adapters aren't going to work. Also, why would I need a antenna adapter when my factory harness has a regular antenna plug like every other car?

I. Am. So. Confused.

Everything I purchased was based off a radio install for a 2009+ Xterra. This is a 2009 Xterra. Why do the adapters not work?

·
Registered
4,990 Posts
Use the chat with Crutchfield, I have always found them to be helpful and look things like this up when they aren't correct. I had harnesses once for a 4Runner with premium audio. Turns out one harness went to the amp and one to the headunit. This info wasn't anywhere but Crutchfield was able to research it and figure it out.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Last week I installed a Kenwood DDX6905S that I bought February 2019 (procrastination) into my 2009 OR. Ordered it and the kit from Crutchfield. Yes, you have the wrong adapters to connect to the car. I also used the PAC ROEM-NIS2 without problems. I in all installed a head unit, steering wheel control adapter, and new satellite antenna.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Shoot. Well, after researching some 350Z forums last night I ordered a Metra 70-7551 adapter for the harness and a 44-EC18 extension cable for the antenna.

And they already shipped, yay.

Whatever, I bought the PAC ROEM-NIS2 and Metra 40-NI10. I'm sure between these 4 adapters and extensions I'll have one set that works and I can return the rest.

Thanks all for the info on the PAC unit!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just replaced my RF head unit in my ‘08 off-road last weekend. Sounds like you already ordered the PAC ROEM-NIS2, that’s definitely what you want. You’ll just have to wire the harness from your new stereo into the PAC. It’s pretty straight forward but if you have questions just shoot. The steering wheel controls adapter was a bit confusing to me at first but the Crutchfield phone support was pretty good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts