Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
on line
874 Posts
now are they talking about gear as in tents and kyacks or gears as in the transmission....the first i can understand the second I cant.

·
on line
55 Posts
The only thing new in the '08 that I can see is the Bluetooth functionality. Anything else?

·
on line
1,123 Posts
StarGazer said:
If you go to the compare-to-competitors page, Toyota is not on the list! What is Nissan afraid of?
Their default comparisons are a joke! The Vue, the RAV4, the Escape? Come on. The only one that is remotely fair (to the competition) is the Liberty. You can pull up the Toyotas for comparison if you select 2007. I ran a comparison to the FJ and an H3 just for grins.

·
on line
51 Posts
StarGazer said:
The only thing new in the '08 that I can see is the Bluetooth functionality. Anything else?
I'm really wondering if this could be an easy add-on to an 07 with the rockford stereo. Guess it really depends on what the unit is doing, or if its built into the headunit itself.

·
on line
1,361 Posts
does the X model not even come with a gear box? They promote in the S along with roof rack crossbars. They are skimping on the X model. They also promot the S as having the utili-track does the X model have

and GO LLOYD

·
on line
735 Posts
Nissan is still promoting the "off road" image in the website, but then again, there are clues, like the weak comparison, to show that it is really just a rugged grocery getter.

·
on line
4,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I haven't looked closely, but I haven't found anything new except the Bluetooth.

Nissan is still promoting the "off road" image in the website, but then again, there are clues, like the weak comparison, to show that it is really just a rugged grocery getter.
I agree to a point. That was the purpose of creating the thread.

Geared for anything? What, because of the cargo hooks, utilitrack, step bumper, and roof rack? They couldn't (shouldn't) be talking about the actual gearing could they?

Tackle a Category V trail?
This is the kind of advertisement that could easily cause issue for Nissan down the road. And IMO should in Lloyds (or anyone elses) case.

·
on line
1,208 Posts
I didnt know that trails had a rating system like white water rapids do. hhmmm thats funny. :geek:

·
on line
1,361 Posts
If we take a class 2 and then a class 3, thats just the same as taking a class 5 right?

·
on line
97 Posts
huh?

·
on line
628 Posts
XKNUT said:
I haven't looked closely, but I haven't found anything new except the Bluetooth.
Looks like I get to wait another model year until I am envious of the "new" Xterra, since the aftermarket Headunit I installed came with this same Bluetooth function.

·
on line
1,165 Posts
lostboy said:
does the X model not even come with a gear box? They promote in the S along with roof rack crossbars. They are skimping on the X model. They also promot the S as having the utili-track does the X model have

and GO LLOYD
yes, X models have the utili-track in them......

·
on line
56 Posts
well, i heard they would remodel it for the 2009 model and then redisign the whole Xterra in 2011 or 2012. Again, thats what i heard. So we really wont see any changes til next fall.

·
on line
704 Posts
Okay, this is a lawsuit in a making. I dare somebody to take their stock (as in 100% stock, no sliders or upgrade tires) X to a class 5 trail and then report the outcome to Nissan. If anything, this is false advertisement.

I love my X, but the fact that I can scratch the interior with a flip-flop and the diff issues that several people have reported so far makes me think several times before saying that my Xterra is Off-Road model.

As for the comparison, Liberty is probably the best target. FJ is a two door :) 4Runner is more luxury. Escape... Well, I do not know what it is. Hummer is nice, but even the least expensive H2 is pretty price compared to the X. When I think of an SUV, I picture an Xterra along with older Discoveries, Wranglers, old Land Cruisers, etc.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts