Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
on line
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 2008 XTERRA and I purchased the rubber all weather floor mat set like I had in my old X but the problem is on my 2008 it has two hooks on the drivers side and one on the passenger side,but the mats just have the one hole on the drivers side ,(that does not line up with either of the hooks). I talked to the parts guy and he said they are correct but clearly they are not. Has anyone had this problen or does anyone know if they have the correct mat set for an 2008?

Thanks for any help.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Hmm, you are the first I have heard with this problem. I have an 05, so I am not really much help...

BTW, Welcome.

Also, I am moving this thread.

·
on line
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not sure what the deal is. I think all the 2005 to 2007 and early 2008s have the same one pin on the drivers side set up, but mine and a couple at the dealer had the two hooks on the drivers side and one on the passenger side. Even after showing the parts guy he still insisted they were right. I hope they come out with the correct ones soon.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
I had a similar problem with one of my older cars (cant remember which one) but both the drivers and passengers sides had the little 'pin' sticking up. and only the drivers side floor mat had the hole.

Hey guys, what is the link to the nissan OEM site where you can click on the picture of the Xterra and find just about every OEM xterra part they make? Im not on my computer right now so I dont have any Xterra "favorites" links available to me, but someone might know what site im talking about. You might find something there that will help you out.

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: Of course ,my "Mr. Horsepower" mats, don't come with the "ALIGNMENT" PIN HOLE, so--

--I just took a 3/8" punch and using the OEM mat as a template--

------PUNCHED A HOLE------

--fits perfect !!

-- :geek: :geek: --JIMBO

·
on line
4,919 Posts
S_e_X-Terra said:
Hey guys, what is the link to the nissan OEM site where you can click on the picture of the Xterra and find just about every OEM xterra part they make? Im not on my computer right now so I dont have any Xterra "favorites" links available to me, but someone might know what site im talking about. You might find something there that will help you out.
I believe you're talking about the Courtesy Nissan beta site

·
on line
113 Posts
Sounds like you got the wrong mats for your model year. My 07 has one hook for the drivers mat and no hooks or holes in the pax side mat.

·
on line
1,479 Posts
My 08 only has one hook on the driver's side.

·
on line
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So has anyone with the new 2008 three hook set ups had any luck getting a set of the factory rubber mats?
Thanks

·
on line
112 Posts
I have an '08 OR that came with rubber matts . . . one hole on the drivers side, and two on the pass side, and these matched the pins on the floor. It took some elbow grease to get the pins through the holes, but they work great.

·
on line
10,980 Posts
I just checked my '08 OR (it came with both the rubber and the carpet mats) ... I've got one hook/hole on the driver's side and none on the pax side. This is in both sets of mats and in the vehicle.

Sounds to me like the dealer is jerking you around ... that's a bummer, man. Sorry to hear it.

·
on line
735 Posts
I have a pair of those $8 floor mats available from walmart and sears..they fit my jeep and my X. pretty much the best floormat I've ever had.

·
on line
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
GoLoaf said:
I have an '08 OR that came with rubber matts . . . one hole on the drivers side, and two on the pass side, and these matched the pins on the floor. It took some elbow grease to get the pins through the holes, but they work great.
Do you mean two on the drivers side and one on the passenger side? That is how mine is. I guess I will check at my dealer again.
Thanks for your help.

·
on line
112 Posts
TLYNCH said:
GoLoaf said:
Do you mean two on the drivers side and one on the passenger side? That is how mine is. I guess I will check at my dealer again.
Thanks for your help.
Yes! You're right, actually. I double-checked, and I have two (2) on the DRIVERS side, and one (1) on the PASSENGER side. Sorry for the confusion.

My rubber mats came with the truck, and they had holes that matched the pins on the floor perfectly.

·
on line
638 Posts
You can remove the hooks to make it fit flush. I just took my key and pushed it between the plastic and the carpet. You push it towards the front of the car and slowly lift. It takes some pressure but it pops loose. I still have them so I can snap it back together when I put my carpet mats back in.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts